Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a set of aftermarket wheels and was wondering what "offset" would work best with the 17X35BFGs and 2 inch level kit. I want a little wider stance than stock. :$:

·
Registered
207 Posts
these are 5.14 backspace and +12 offset

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks sweet GJJag! Do you find much dirt/mud thrown on the body?

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah, im getting fender flares though
they stick out about 2" and im getting 2.5" flares

·
Registered
450 Posts
American Racing..... 17's 5 3/8 backspace these dont stick out much.....

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Megaram, Very nice!! That is what I am looking for. 5 3/8s backspace. What is the offset?? Do you know?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Freed,
they are 15 offset same wheels Lorenz is running only his are the thug teflon (same wheel)

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
yeah, im getting fender flares though
they stick out about 2" and im getting 2.5" flares
I have the same rims and I myself (Black) have to buy some fender flares. I'm getting a lot of road grime and tar on my body! Fender flares are cheaper than body work I suppose..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for some help with wheels also.

I have a 2005 3/4 4x4 lb and want to put 18x9's on it, but don't want them to stick out past the fender. Does anyone know what offset I need. I like the rockstars of course and the diamo karat I8.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I am going to purchase a set of aftermarket wheels and was wondering what "offset" would work best with the 17X35BFGs and 2 inch level kit. I want a little wider stance than stock. :$:
if you are going to run 35's on just a 2" leveling kit you pretty much limited to the 5.50(+or- a very small bit) back spacing. i have 20x10 rockstars with a 4.5" backspacing. I went with them because i wanted that wider stance. but i was limited to 33" tires on the 2" leveing kit. Those still rub.

so if you have the 2" leveling kit you have to stick with the 5" to 6" back spacing on 35's. if you want that wider stance you need to run a 4.5" backspacing but you are limited to 33's with rubbing.

2"leveling kit, 20x10 rim with 4.5 backspacing, 33x12.5R20

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I have a 2005 3/4 4x4 lb and want to put 18x9's on it, but don't want them to stick out past the fender. Does anyone know what offset I need. I like the rockstars of course and the diamo karat I8.
no less than 5" something like 5.25 back spacing

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a six inch lift and I am looking to put 35x12.5 R17s. After speaking with a few different wheel companys they suggested 5-5.5. Does anybody have pictures of a truck with a six inch lift with 35s? I am just carious how it will look or should I go up to the 37s?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I have a six inch lift and I am looking to put 35x12.5 R17s. After speaking with a few different wheel companys they suggested 5-5.5. Does anybody have pictures of a truck with a six inch lift with 35s? I am just carious how it will look or should I go up to the 37s?
my buddy has a QC short bed with 6" and 37's, i dont like it. looks like a skate board with off road tires on it. (i hope he does not see this) i think the 35's will look the best on a 6" lift. personally i would go with a 4.5 back spacing. i like the wider stance you get from it and you will have no problems with 35's and a 6"lift. you will more than likely rub with 4.5" back spacing on the 37's

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My buddy has a 06 with 37 BFGs on stock wheels 4.75 backspace and just the 2inch level kit. At full lock he rubs alittle on the front wheel liners. But if you stay with a 65 or 70 series tire on a 9 inch wheel the look is awsome. 6inch lift is plenty of clearance with no more than +12mm offset.
Just my .2$$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts