Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

after market valve body

708 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  5.9x2
Anyone running a BD valve body with a TC from another source? I have a tripple low stall and I had a shop put a shift kit in but it was a joke never did get it working correctly so he found me a stock valve body and replaced it. The issue was that it had a hard time getting into drive and overdrive and if I stepped on it to much it would kick down to second and stay there. I do not like this stock one either seems so mushy, except for the 80km lockup that happens which feels it going to rip the truck in half. I would not recommend a low stall converter very hard to drive nicely, great when you want to get on it.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Do yourself a favor and before bring it back or having someone else work on it,ck the gear selector lever/linkage at the trans.If not set up correctly, that will cause the problems you are having..Pop the shifter cable off(out of) the lever.Parking brake on,truck off, the eye on the lever should line up with the end on the shifter cable(both in park) if not the cable is adjustable..give a try first before messing around with the VB...

· Registered
498 Posts
What Shift kit did your trans guy install? I haven't heard a lot of good things about BD stuff but they have been around a while. I would look for a valve Body from one of the many site sponsors here. How low is the Stall on your new converter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.