Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what intake to go with? AFE or Airaid..... what gives more power? what gives louder turbo? overall?
Thanks to all who reply.
-Jon

·
Banned
706 Posts
For what its worth. I AFE COI and it made the turbo whistle more. Mileage, I dont know. I can go through a tank a day and dont have time to figure it out. Im always in dusty conditions too with no problems. Overall Im very happy with the AFE.
chris

·
Registered
602 Posts
I love my AFE MegaCannon. I put it on last week along with the MP-8 and I can definitely hear the turbo now. I haven't had a chance to listen to any other intakes but I don't think you would be dissappointed with the AFE. As far as MPGs, no hand calc yet but on a 290 mile trip my overhead ended up at 20.8 after resetting at the start of the trip. This was also with the MP-8 on about 75% so that really doesn't help you out much lol. By itself the intake won't make much if any difference mpg wise, but it will add to the effectiveness of a box or programmer. Sorry for the long windedness haha

·
Registered
565 Posts
Performance wise, they are all the same, The turbo can only compress so much air. I've got a AFE as well, it's a nice intake, just $$$ for what it is. The stage 2 dry filter works well, I do get a slight dust coating in the intake tube after about 10K miles. you biggest benefit is going to be something that has a heat shield.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have a K&N and am very happy with it, but have heard great things about AFE and a buddy of mine runs one, cant go wrong with it in my opinion:thumbsup

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
i got the AIRAID stage II put on about a week ago, really hapy with the results!!! the turbo is ALOT louder now, actually i dont now if its because i have the 4.10 rear end but at 65-75 mph the turbo sound is actually anoying!! and i knoe dont get me wrong i really like to here the turbo but i need the radio up 3/4 of the way to fad it out??? dont know anywas i would try the airaid but from what ive seen their all preaty mutch equal!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like the S&B filter system, for the money it's alot of good stuff

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
I like my Afe pro dry--easy to clean, and you can hear it scream!!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks to everyone that replied.... i thought the AFE and Airaid were the only 2 intakes out there for the 6.7?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ohhhh. thats interesting. i know to stay the heck away from banks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all you SMART guys out there! Jumpin on this forum to ask what would work best for my '03? The AFE or a K&N? Or something else? Thanks, Renee

PS: Have the Edge EZ installed and the silencer rings out.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Hey ReneeRN, do a search on Icebox cold air intake. You get your choice of filter and also you get to choose what color of powder coating you want. Also they are made in the USA!!!:thumbsup For more info contact jbarker, he is my sales rep.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, I'll do that!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
AEM Brute Force HD - silencer ring = 3 franklins & turbo whine:thumbsup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts