Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if replacing the stock air filter will leave a fingerprint on my ECM that the dealer could find if they tried to. I'm looking for performance mods I can do to a new 6.7L that can easily be changed back to stock for dealer trips without having to worry about what they might find on the ECM.

I read too many stories on here about dealers pointing their finger at the first mod they see under the hood.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
If you oil the filter properly then you should not have any problems provided you put the stock filter back in before going to the dealership. I have read that Dodge will try to void warranties on these trucks even for having aftermarket air intakes on them.

Too much oil on the filter will leave an oily residue inside the intake and inside the turbo. Not enough oil will allow dirt to pass and get into the turbo. Those are the signs they may look for......

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just put a stage 2 on my truck last night. I went with the dry filter so I dont have to worry about the oiling factor. The local dealerships dont say anything about the dry filters, or havent in the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts