Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a afe megacannon since my truck was new and in the last 6 months I have cleaned my filter probibly 10 times...

I work in VERY dusty conditions, and I know about the pre-filter that comes with the megacannon, but there are some other cold air boxes out there that are enclosed...

I really like the Volant Powercore, but I have yet to hear anything about them, also I REALLY like the turbo whistle and I am guessing you lose that with a enclosed cold air intake...

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think of the volant powercore?

It should make more power, cooler, denser air...

· Registered
677 Posts
S&B works for me.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thats what I am looking at with the optional air scoop...

my buddy had a problem with his box on his S&B where it came apart, thats kinda why I am sketchy bout buying one...

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Might also look at the Icebox, I believe its enclosed as well.

· Registered
15,315 Posts
Even the enclosed boxes still get air from outside. The AFE guard should be sealed up against the hood so you should only be getting air in from the hole in the fender, the same place they all get the air from.

· Registered
656 Posts
I have had a afe megacannon since my truck was new and in the last 6 months I have cleaned my filter probibly 10 times...

I work in VERY dusty conditions, and I know about the pre-filter that comes with the megacannon, but there are some other cold air boxes out there that are enclosed...

I really like the Volant Powercore, but I have yet to hear anything about them, also I REALLY like the turbo whistle and I am guessing you lose that with a enclosed cold air intake...
I have the AFE stage II sealed box intake, it is really nice, fit and finish are second to none.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My megacannon is "sealed" to the hood but I don't know where all this dust is coming from...

I drive on 10-15 construction jobsites per day, and the conditions are extremely dusty, but my filter stays dirty, thats why I am looking at a closed housing...

How does that AFE stage II sound, lots of turbo whistle???

Where is the ICEBOX from???

· Registered
2,331 Posts
im in houston now if ya wanna meet up. I have the afe stage 2 PG7. Im leaving midday saturday, sunday morning. I have plenty of whistle. As stated above, the afe intakes are sealed to the hood and should only grab air from the location of a sealed box does. I dont really understand the point of a sealed box????? Maybe its just to flood the market with more choices.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man I 'd like to see your setup, but I'm stuck at work...

I think the sealed air boxes are for people like my situation the need added dust and dirt protection...

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Your prefilter isnt helping??? Just let me know if ya wanna meet up tonight. i think im heading to crystal beach/galveston in the morning and spending the night. So today/tonight would be your best bet if you wanna checky. Saurday miday when im heading out might be alright also.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone have any DYNO results on what difference their CAI made????

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Does anyone have any DYNO results on what difference their CAI made????
That would be good info to know, but i dont think any of them are going to make a huge difference in power either way. I say 25 HP max from stock to any CAI. I could be wrong though.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
I have the AFE stage II sealed box intake, it is really nice, fit and finish are second to none.
What are the dimensions on the filter for the AFE Si kit?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.