Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a dealer with a good price on a 4" turbo back system. I never knew AFE made exhaust systems, just intakes.

Anyone have an AFE exhaust? Opinions? Most importantly, what does it sound like?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Im not sure on AFE, but i vote for Farm Boy Diesel exhaust. I got a 5" for WAY CHEAP and it was super easy to install and sounds awsome. Just my 2 cents :beer

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, 2-stroke oil. What a bounteous topic! Do a search on this site and you'll get huge numbers of posts. But here's my quick synopsis:

The VP44 injection pump on 2nd gen Cummins, only the 24valve, are easy to damage as opposed to the 12 valve engines. They were designed for low sulpher diesel, not the ultra low sulpher diesel that's everywhere now. ULSD has less lubricating properties because of the methods used to remove the sulpher. Therefore, adding 2 stroke oil increases the lubricity back to what the injection pump was designed for. I use MoparMan's well studied method of 1oz per gallon (or 8ml per litre) for 128:1 ratio. I use Wal Mart oil as recommended by him. Here's his website for far more information:

2 Cycle Oil

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
AFE makes a decent kit, but there are several out there that are much better IMO. PM me the price you are getting on it, we can probably work something out for a better kit.

·
Registered
260 Posts
In my village we use seamon from timberwolf as lubrication. My sister just got job masterbating timberwolf, she is very happy because last job was only part time pulling cart when horse got sick.

That isn't as funny when I can't say it with an accident.

·
Registered
260 Posts
anyway, Moparman is talking about what I've been telling the other truck owners/driver I work with for a few years. Sulpher was the #1 lubricant in diesel fuel. Diesels last so long because it's fuel is lubrication, so our government just ruined the sevond best thing about a diesel engine, longevity. #1 being effieciency.

I've been using some stuff called PowerUp that another owner sells, he also sells the oil additive and filter. I haven't used it in my pickup yet but in the Class 8s it boast mileage a little, hopefully it's saving the engine also but the verdict is still out on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts