Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)

Finally got to tow with the new rad, it’s not as heavy as the tractor and gooseneck but it’s still a load . 130 bails of hay, it was a hot day 90s and the truck ran fine . Only got up to 205 going up hills and would cool right off after climbing the hill , engine would hold 1,100 egt climbing hills so it had plenty-of heat to heat soak the engine . Definitely seems to be a improvement . I’m sure that now I’m running Hptuners instead of box smarty tunes that helps to with how cool the engine runs. Real test will be to put the tractor on the goosneck and take it to the other farm. Lots of hills to climb and can’t go very fast due to all the turns and narrow roads . That will come soon hopefully weather permitting. So far besides the fitment issues, I’m happy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I haven’t forgotten about this.... I borrowed my uncles stihl pole saw so I could cut branches along the property line . And man it’s a lot of work but it does make a huge difference. Now I don’t have to worry about hitting and damaging the tractors canopy. I’ll get to towing the tractor out to the other property here soon hopefully. I need to cut some Branches out there to.

Now you see them .

Now you don’t . Man I love brush hogs .

Also did some weeding . Biggest autumn olive I think I’ve ever seen. Knocked it over with the front loader and picked it up with the pallet fork attachment. I’ll update the thread once I do get get around to towing the tractor.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

If you were in the market for a radiator at this time, what would you choose?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

If you were in the market for a radiator at this time, what would you choose?
Depending on what I wanted . If I didn’t care about increased cooling performance I’d just get a store bought with a life time warranty.

If I wanted increased cooling performance I’d get the afe or Graffen rad. The afe definitely seems to cool better , I haven’t towed very heavy yet.... I know I know I’ll get around to it eventually, but what little I have towed it definitely seems to have helped. It unfortunate I had so many problems with fitment issues with the afe . Maybe I just got a dud, but I’ve heard of at least one other person having fitment issue like I’ve had . So I don’t know .

2,640 Posts
There were a couple of recent radiator threads that linked to Radiator Express, that I have never heard of.

This rad is pricey at US$989 but it is a nice looking piece. 2 row, 2.25" core, made in USA, similar to the Griffin.

I'm sure it's better than the US$500 AFE China rad, which has a 2inch core, but it's twice the price.

I wonder how I would explain a US$1000 radiator to my wife...

Reactions: White2005

·
Registered
279 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but are the Mishimoto no good?

2,640 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but are the Mishimoto no good?

The Mishimoto rad for the 3rd Gens is the biggest dissappointment.
It's US$800 and the 1 3/8" core is significantly thinner than the stock rad.

It makes zero sense since the Mishimoto rads have a thicker core than stock for all other Cummins generations of trucks.

Reactions: White2005
61 - 67 of 67 Posts