Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this intake from discount power parts.

When I was installing it, I couldn't get the air filter to fit over the tubing inside the air box. It's like the opening on the filter is smaller or the exact same diameter as the tubing it's supposed to attach to. :thud:

Basically, the filter won't fit! Did they send me the wrong size? I can't find one anywhere any bigger or anywhere I can order just this filter.

Any ideas suggestiong or information on what size this filter is supposed to be?

·
Registered
520 Posts
maybe

They may have sent you a filter for the stage one kit without the torque tube??? I just installed the 75-11343 Mega cannon stage two and both my PG-7 and Prodry filters fit nice and snug...I did have to use a light smear of vasoline to slide the boot onto the turbo:thumbsup

·
Registered
435 Posts
my AFE slipped too. It was a 51 series as well and I had to hold it on there and then clamp it but it stayed once I got it clamped. Just takes some "weasling".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They may have sent you a filter for the stage one kit without the torque tube??? I just installed the 75-11343 Mega cannon stage two and both my PG-7 and Prodry filters fit nice and snug...I did have to use a light smear of vasoline to slide the boot onto the turbo:thumbsup
They may have. I can't find a part number anywhere on the box for the filter or the filter itself. I'm going to call the guys tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Everything else fit fine. The tubing to the turbo, the air box, everything. Just the expensive part doesn't fit :coocoo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my AFE slipped too. It was a 51 series as well and I had to hold it on there and then clamp it but it stayed once I got it clamped. Just takes some "weasling".
I had to butt the filter against the tubing and duct tape them together. :ah:

Weasling would be an understatement at this point, but maybe I'll fenagle with it some more tonight before I open a can on someone. it's not like these things are cheap!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts