Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has had/have afc live:
How do you like it?
Easy to setup? Videos seem easy of course in a predefined setting.
Easier just to remove fuel plates and stuff and not deal with the afc live unit?

My demands are basically a daily driven truck. I like to get on the pedal and sometimes race the next truck beside me. Trucks pretty stock. Has a 100 fuel plate. No springs or anything like injectors.
Stock truck, just want something thatll punch a little harder but still win SOME races at a stop light.

Not trying to spend thousands to make this truck a track truck or anything, just want something with a little grunt and go. Figured id post up a new afc live thread in case people have changed their minds from time when they bought one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m coming from a similar place as you, other than having GSK springs and a TST #8 plate. I recently installed AFC Live.

Easy install, it does exactly what they say, it makes tuning easier from the drivers seat. HOWEVER, their performance gains are based off a stock truck. Yours already has a plate and should be tuned, you won’t pick up much if any power. It does the same thing as your plate and tuning. Even with the kill switch flipped , mine isn’t all that smoky and doesn’t add a noticeable amount of power.

Honestly it wouldn’t have been money well spent for me to go from a tuned setup with a plate to AFCL if I intended to stay stock. For someone with a completely stock setup maybe, it will make the tuning easier. I intend to go to a little bit bigger turbo and fuel setup, that’s when the AFCL will pay off.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
With only the fuel plate , i hope you race very slow trucks and do not wager too much.
LOL.
I remember my son and i taking the all OEM 94 home ...... He pressed on the pedal , we waited and were like " THIS is IT ? " and we were giggling . It was glacier slow. .

Reactions: RamHunter18

·
Registered
896 Posts
You want an opinion? Don't waste money on it.
It does nothing for power gains. Read up on it and understand it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You better hope the other person doesn't know you're racing. You'd be hard pressed to beat someone riding a bicycle

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had it for a few years now and like it for many things. As posted above though, not for racing gains as it ain't going to help much. What it does do is allow me to adjust fuel flow amounts for desired power output when pulling on hills or with load. Helps to manage and keep temperatures down. Is easier to tune and helps me with gas mileage. Another advantage I get is in my state you have to pass an emissions test so I can cut fuel which helps as well. This is how I use it so maybe there is more out there that I'm unaware of for a street truck. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 24hrsparkey

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
For me AFC live would be beneficial for dialing power back in poor weather. I plan to add it to my P24V.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like it because I can turn the truck down when I tow and not have to watch gauges like a hawk.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like it because I can turn the truck down when I tow and not have to watch gauges like a hawk.
That right there is why I like mine. Makes life easier.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I had it for a few years now and like it for many things. As posted above though, not for racing gains as it ain't going to help much. What it does do is allow me to adjust fuel flow amounts for desired power output when pulling on hills or with load. Helps to manage and keep temperatures down. Is easier to tune and helps me with gas mileage. Another advantage I get is in my state you have to pass an emissions test so I can cut fuel which helps as well. This is how I use it so maybe there is more out there that I'm unaware of for a street truck. Hope this helps.
good info and explanation sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts