Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get either AFC Live or the Attitude Adjuster. I hear mixed things about both like AFC live controls wont stay for a long period of time. I just want some decent power and to smoke (yeah i know all the smoke haters will be on my ass but im 18 and i like smoke. Im still a kid just let me roll coal, you were all my age once馃榿) I already have a rack cap, 3k governer springs, #0 fuel plate, boost elbow, and some other small things done to my afc. Any suggestions and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Registered
My teenage grandchildren are smart enough to know that diesel smoke is a waste of money and bad for the environment. We of the older generation realize that rolling coal is bad publicity for diesel engines. Grow up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
My teenage grandchildren are smart enough to know that diesel smoke is a waste of money and bad for the environment. We of the older generation realize that rolling coal is bad publicity for diesel engines. Grow up.
Thanks for the response, really appreciate it!

Premium Member
You can make awesome power and run clean. Smoke isn鈥檛 power, it鈥檚 wasted fuel. If you want power, get the turbo to match your injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
looking to get either AFC Live or the Attitude Adjuster. I hear mixed things about both like AFC live controls wont stay for a long period of time. I just want some decent power and to smoke (yeah i know all the smoke haters will be on my ass but im 18 and i like smoke. Im still a kid just let me roll coal, you were all my age once馃榿) I already have a rack cap, 3k governer springs, #0 fuel plate, boost elbow, and some other small things done to my afc. Any suggestions and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
This is exactly why the EPA has laid down the hammer on the diesel tuning industry and destroyed people and businesses in the industry. The intent of rolling coal is extremely unnecessary and will further hurt the industry. For the sake of everyone, abandon the coal rolling BS mentality. It鈥檚 not about you and what you perceive as 鈥渃ool鈥, it鈥檚 about everyone in the diesel world and what people that are not in the diesel world view of us in the diesel world. The world is full of overly opinionated ass-hats that are hell bend on forcing their ways on others, why intentionally give them the excuse to push their **** further on is us in this industry???

Reactions: Bigbronco94

Registered
I have a fond memory of driving a 100% bone stock 97 5 speed truck on to the freeway. A very similar 2nd gen came beside me driven by a much younger guy. He smiled at me and stuffed it sending a billowing cloud of black smoke out the exhaust. I put my foot down as well and easily accelerated faster than he did and pulled ahead of him. He looked of the age that he wasn't going to take anything useful away from the experience, but I enjoyed it.

Premium Member
I have a fond memory of driving a 100% bone stock 97 5 speed truck on to the freeway.
Your 97 5 speed truck must鈥檝e been a lot faster than my 97 5 speed truck then.
When it was stock it could hardly get out of its own way. I don鈥檛 roll coal now, nor have I ever ( mostly because diesel fuel is expensive and I don鈥檛 see the reason in just wasting it by blowing it out the tailpipe ), but these trucks are certainly faster, and more fun to drive, after a few mods.

Premium Member
To the OP, AFC live and attitude adjuster don鈥檛 do the same thing or work in the same way at all.

Neither are really needed, they鈥檙e more like cool gadgets, but if I were looking to pick one it鈥檇 pick AFC live.

Registered
Your 97 5 speed truck must鈥檝e been a lot faster than my 97 5 speed truck then.
When it was stock it could hardly get out of its own way. I don鈥檛 roll coal now, nor have I ever ( mostly because diesel fuel is expensive and I don鈥檛 see the reason in just wasting it by blowing it out the tailpipe ), but these trucks are certainly faster, and more fun to drive, after a few mods.
P-pump stock power varied drastically from one to the next way back when. The one I was referring to was quick enough that it wasn't slow. It pulled well to 3000+ RPM or so, but didn't smoke a wisp. Had the original exhaust and catalytic converter.

I agree with you 100%. I don't like them stock, but I dislike a smoke slobbering slow turd a lot more than a clean burning slow turd. I see a lot of the former with the younger drivers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts