Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have expierience with the aeroturbine?? 4040xl or 4040??? which one sounds better I dont want drone I have a 5 month old and take long trips

·
Banned
885 Posts
The xl or with resonator, the versions without are race versions and really do very little for sound

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 4040 and I get drone when towing. But just cruising around, AWESOME sound. I heard, if you order it from the Aero Manufacture website, you get a 30 day trial. So if you don't like the 4040 you can exchange it for the 4040xl. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
aero wont help turbo whine. i run a 4040 with cat and love it, it sounds awesome. without a cat you would probably want the resonated version and put it in the stock muffler position

·
Registered
147 Posts
Heres a dumb ? Does it help the turbo whistle at all.
I like to here my turbo whistle.
I belive there is a silencer ring near the intake you can remove to hear the whine of the turbo more.

·
Banned
885 Posts
I have the 4040 and I get drone when towing. But just cruising around, AWESOME sound. I heard, if you order it from the Aero Manufacture website, you get a 30 day trial. So if you don't like the 4040 you can exchange it for the 4040xl. Can anyone confirm?
IM a dealer and i am not aware of that, it was never told to me or brought to my attention thru any correspondence

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
yeah..i bought a 5050xl and never heard of that offer

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmmm...I'll try to find the website where i heard that from.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I belive there is a silencer ring near the intake you can remove to hear the whine of the turbo more.
Ya I did that, bigger air filter, and 4" straight pipe to 5" stacks. Probably not going to get any louder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts