Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
962 Posts
They work awesome, I've had one on mine for over a year and I love it... Good choice if u ask me..

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
DNRC,

Your motor is way different from the 6.7 that SynD has and you really can't compair the two different motors here with the exhaust. Its like night and day.

Syn.

Dude I just ran the 5050XL on my setup and I have now just added the MagnaFlow and this will be its first week on my route. I been messing around with these two mufflers to see if any at all mileage gains would be there over the straight 5" TBE. Here is a link to a thread I have had on the forum that has some art work you can check out as well.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/65475-up-date-progress.html

I have yet to get any PIC's of the MagnaFlow I have on my truck right now, but I will try and get some this week... These two mufflers do sound different from each other and far as the drone we all get from about 2200-2400 RPM's, these two mufflers do away with that for sure dude. It does come at a cost though as these two quite down the rest of the exhaust note as well :(

After I get a week or two on the Magnaflow I do plan to make one more spool piece to put in line on this 5" system and run it to see how it will work as well and I will have art on this all as well and how it does or doesn't work LOL... Also I found these 5" mufflers to be somewhat expensive just to throw on my exhaust for a check and see, if anyone is close to the Texas panhandle and would like to try one of these mufflers your more than welcome to see if we can work something out on them if interested as well.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You might look at the Hushpower Muffler. Its a great product. Leaves a nice tone and kills the drone.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I ordered a Diamond Eye cat back from Diesel Power Products and Bryan substituted the Aero 4040 muffler in for me. The sound at idle and while accelerating is awesome. At cruising speed sound is only a little louder than stock. I will say there is some drone at moderate accel. IMO 4" is all you need under 450 hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts