Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the old style( not HD) AEM Brute Force intake and Im wondering if anyone knows which Amsoil Nano can I use with it. I looked on their web sit and the 4510 looks about right but it says 4.5 inlet. Im not home to check mine out but I thought the BF has a 4". Anybody know for sure. I wanted to order one now so it will be there when I get back from working. Thanks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
There's guys running the 4510 with no problems, I'm running the 4090 on my Bute Force Intake tube and works great:thumbsup

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres guys running the 4510 with no problems, I'm running the 4090 on my Bute Force Intake tube and works great:thumbsup
I just dont see how they can both work. Your 4090 has a 4.0 ID and the 4510 has a 4.5 ID. A 1/2" is a big difference when it comes to sealing around the tube.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Use a 40xx if you want to mount directly on the pipe. Use a 45xx if you have the "gasket" that allows the use of a 4.5" ID...I'm running the 4510 on my Workhorse but am using the piece that makes the pipe 4.5" OD.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
so i can get a nano filter to replace the dryflow thats on there the pipe i know is 4" if you can let me know what the number is that i can use from amsoil?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
deluth diesel where are you? he can tell you anything and everything about amsoil, i'm on my way to becomeing a dealer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The 4090 & 4095 have the same surface area. I got the 4090 because it's a little shorter and has the inverted cone on the tip whereas the 4095 is longer but no cone. Either way it's an Amsoil!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Use a 40xx if you want to mount directly on the pipe. Use a 45xx if you have the "gasket" that allows the use of a 4.5" ID...I'm running the 4510 on my Workhorse but am using the piece that makes the pipe 4.5" OD.
Where do you get the piece or "gasket" that you are talking about?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you're saying that the Brute Force and the Work Horse have the same size tube(4.0) but that the WH comes with a piece that lets you run a 4.5 ID filter?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Yes....that is UNFORTUNATELY the ONLY difference between the two (aside from the filters)...I THOUGHT I was getting a bigger tube with the WORKHORSE...in retrospect, i would have gone with AFE, instead :w:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts