Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I’m in the market for a Cummins as my first diesel truck and the years I’m looking into is 94-07. Since I never owed a diesel before I have some questions about what could work best for me. The main reason I want a diesel is to carry more load than a gas truck and it’s mainly gonna be used for a welding rig. I’d also like to know the common issues within these trucks, what upgrades to do first, what mileage range I should buy the truck, what to look for whoever I’m buying a used one, and finally what to look out for whoever searching for one. All the help I can get would be very appreciated and please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The best thing for you to do is to visit your local mechanic and he will give you a checklist of what are the things need to be done. :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
My truck with the diesel has a payload capacity of 2,934# with a gas it's 3,534#. Just because it's diesel does not necessarily mean that it has more payload capacity. Plus when you look at trucks you need to decide on a regular or ex-cab of that era and see what the payload capacities are. I think that you should do some homework on all of the numbers for each truck(gas/diesel & cabs) and make an informed decision.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hello everyone,
The main reason I want a diesel is to carry more load than a gas truck
Lotta 1 post wonders down in this forum! lol
Including the toolbag who posted just below this guy, the "i wanna convert my trucks to duallys with brodozer wheels" guy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts