Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the run down, i bought a 01 qcsb a couple months ago from a guy who said the truck had a 4in lift. i was worried about it cause he didnt know what kind it was but i got a good deal on it so i bought the truck.

problem is now i wanna get it all fixed and dont know where to start, it has blocks on the rear and a stupid coil spacer on the front but the truck still has stock control arms. so im assuming its all jacked up he also put 16.5in eagle rims on it. the eagle rims are wrapped with 33x14.50x16.50 tires which need to go. with this i now have to replace the ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rods and the normal from end parts.

i like how high it sits but hate the ride quaility. so i was thinking about buying the carli starter system and mabye a 2in body lift. but none of the body lifts im finding will fit the diesel.

i want to have an okay ride not expecting a cadillac ride but something better then this. i plan on buying a set of 35inch bfgs for the rims i have.

so what can i do? the truck is mosly used on road w/ occasional offroad and moderate towing of quads and car hauler.

thanks

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
heres the run down, i bought a 01 qcsb a couple months ago from a guy who said the truck had a 4in lift. i was worried about it cause he didnt know what kind it was but i got a good deal on it so i bought the truck.

problem is now i wanna get it all fixed and dont know where to start, it has blocks on the rear and a stupid coil spacer on the front but the truck still has stock control arms. so im assuming its all jacked up he also put 16.5in eagle rims on it. the eagle rims are wrapped with 33x14.50x16.50 tires which need to go. with this i now have to replace the ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rods and the normal from end parts.

i like how high it sits but hate the ride quaility. so i was thinking about buying the carli starter system and mabye a 2in body lift. but none of the body lifts im finding will fit the diesel.

i want to have an okay ride not expecting a cadillac ride but something better then this. i plan on buying a set of 35inch bfgs for the rims i have.

so what can i do? the truck is mosly used on road w/ occasional offroad and moderate towing of quads and car hauler.

thanks
just get the BDS or Fabtech long arm and upgrade the shocks. dont waste money on 2 lifts. if you want the back to ride better then get some carli mini packs to soften the rear

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking in to gettin the fabtech kit and doing the upgraded shock because i have seen people said it rides better. i just need to find some pics on here of the kit with 35s and see how it looks

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You should check out the sponsor section.top gun just came out with a long arm lift for our trucks and they have pics of their shop truck with a 6 inch lift sitting on 35's.
Throw a set of dialed motorsports mid packs on the rear end and you'll be one happy camper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts