Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I have 2007 6.7L automatic megacab dually. I've been doing my research on different programmers (crossing my fingers this will be my xmas present). My two top interests are the smarty jr and superchips flashpaq. I want my fuel economy to go up more than anything and I want the DPF delete. Any opinions, recommendations, etc. on which way I'll get my money's worth and what do yall suggest as far as straight pipe? I'd really appreciate the opinions! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey! I have 2007 6.7L automatic megacab dually. I've been doing my research on different programmers (crossing my fingers this will be my xmas present). My two top interests are the smarty jr and superchips flashpaq. I want my fuel economy to go up more than anything and I want the DPF delete. Any opinions, recommendations, etc. on which way I'll get my money's worth and what do yall suggest as far as straight pipe? I'd really appreciate the opinions! Thanks! :)

As for exhaust best qaulity and prices: AFe and Flo-Pro Dpf Delete kits... You won't regret them, and My thoughts on the Tuners you mentioned I wouldnt waste my money on A superchip for these trucks, Heres my Reccomendations: H&S/BlackMaxx/XRT Pro/Mini Maxx and For Smarty I have never run any Smarty Tuners on these trucks, But I hear greats things, But the H&S comes with Built in Gauges in the Screen, You won't regret those products.... Check out Xtreme Diesel Performance, Thats where I get my products from, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Keeping the truck stock and using the tunner just for deletes and and extra mpg's. IMO the jr. is the best "bang" for your buck, your stock trans. will thank you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the Superchips Racing Diesel tuner to do the deletes, works great. Its simple, 4 tunes (unless you buy the 5th) and solid programer, only thing is it takes about 25 mins to program.

·
Registered
289 Posts
i talked to james at rsd last week and told him i wanted to do deletes and get better mpgs and his advice was the smarty jr. he's a helluva nice guy and has great prices. look him up in the sponser forum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would go with the Smarty Jr, best value. You don't need anything more considering you have the auto transmission. Look at my sig and then go to Rolling Smoke Diesel, they have great kits that are easy to order online.

·
Registered
144 Posts
im a big fan of hs but i also hear good things about smarty defiantly for fine tuning. I went with hs to get the gauges. Deletes are a must and i recommend the turbo back exhaust and go with the 4". My 5" is really loud could also be extra loud cuz its cut short to fit with my flat bed and boxes.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Rollin' Smoke Diesel - Diesel Perfomance Parts

James is a great guy to deal with. Great customer service before and after the sale.

It's your decision on Smarty or H&S. Both of them will do what you want. H&S offers gauges and transmission tuning, but Smarty offers more flexibility for power and mods.

Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.