Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the adrenaline in the mail and was wondering how many tunes can you have on it at once like can i have the dyno tune to make smoke vids and the 3000 tune to screw around and a 2000 tune for normal driving or do i have to download them each time i change? also where is everyone mounting their control pods pics would be great.

·
Diesel South
1,545 Posts
only one tune at a time just find the one that is best for you and run it!! i mounted my pod on the steering column with the supplied velcro! i believe the manual recommends this

·
Registered
72 Posts
you can change the power levels tho on the controller right? like the edge... or do you have to download just one at a time?

I thought they had 10 or 11 levels that you could switch in between?

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
I have the adrenaline in the mail and was wondering how many tunes can you have on it at once like can i have the dyno tune to make smoke vids and the 3000 tune to screw around and a 2000 tune for normal driving or do i have to download them each time i change? also where is everyone mounting their control pods pics would be great.
i asked about puting more then one tune at a time and you cant so im (gessing) like a tune lets say 3000 has it own levels 1-10

·
Registered
72 Posts
oh I see so 3000 has 10 levels
and there is a 2000 and dyno tune right?
do those have 10 levels to?

·
Registered
435 Posts
oh I see so 3000 has 10 levels
and there is a 2000 and dyno tune right?
do those have 10 levels to?
Yes, Each (1000, 2000, and 3000) have 10 power levels each, plus pl00 is stock powre, so I guess you could say it has 11 power levels.
the differenced between the 1,2,3000 is how agressive they are. for instance the 1000 tunes are very driveable, with not too much smoke. the 3000 tune is very agressive, plenty of smoke and throttle response, and very hard to drive on ice!!!!
(yeah, it snowed here in CO today. AGAIN) and 2000 tunes are a compromise betwwen the two, or so i'm told, I've only had the ADR for 3 days now, tying a 2000 tune tomorow, i'll let ya know, and try to get some pics of the POD mounting.:thumbsup

·
Registered
72 Posts
cool that clears up alot there isn't really much info on there site about being able to dowload tunes and what tunes are availible. and def. get some pictures up of the pod mounted that is the only reason I am debating the edge juice because I love the monitor

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
cool that clears up alot there isn't really much info on there site about being able to dowload tunes and what tunes are availible. and def. get some pictures up of the pod mounted that is the only reason I am debating the edge juice because I love the monitor
The Edge Juice doesn't compare to Adrenaline with Pulse monitor. The Pulse has a hot unlock code which allows the user to adjust timing, fueling & more on the fly in real time. You cater the power to your truck instead of "one program fits all tuning".

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea I understand that but when the monitor on the adrenaline looks like a $5 stop watch from walmart it has an effect on the consumer. it just looks funky. But don't get me wrong I want to buy the adrenaline but the monitor just leaves something to be desired.

how do they look when they are on at night I have never seen a picture with the backlighting?

·
Registered
72 Posts
and it is confuseing when you go on the website and it doesn say anything about the tunes
dyno tune

I heard about those on this site and went to go find more info on their site and it doesn't explain... I am not try to bash anything either I am just currious and want to know more about it because there are alot of good things I heard about the system...

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
Yea I understand that but when the monitor on the adrenaline looks like a $5 stop watch from walmart it has an effect on the consumer. it just looks funky. But don't get me wrong I want to buy the adrenaline but the monitor just leaves something to be desired.

how do they look when they are on at night I have never seen a picture with the backlighting?
The Juice/Att. doesn't even compare to the Adrenaline/Pulse, if you don't like the little control pod, then upgrade to the Pulse monitor, it's bigger than the Attitude and has more features.
cool that clears up alot there isn't really much info on there site about being able to dowload tunes and what tunes are availible.
All of the tunes (over 50 of them) along with instructions on how to download them and what they do are listed on the Quad website. Just go to the Product Update page and use the drop down menu in the Adrenaline list.

Quad has talked about giving the Pulse the ability to store up to 2 tunes so you can have one for play and one for daily driving, I don't believe he has added that feature yet though.

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
1000 tunes=production model tunes
2000 tunes=aggressive tunes (as in more aggressive fueling)
3000 tunes=even more aggressive than the 2000
Dyno tunes=tunes for dyno useage.

The 3000 tune and the Dyno tune are Beta tunes, which means they are just to try out and play with. Just an added bonus.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Here's where I put my controll pod.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice does it fit on the steering wheel by the hazard switch nice? By the way nice song

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanx, always have been and always will be an AC/DC fan.
Yes the POD does fit nicely ontop of the steering column.

·
Registered
435 Posts
and it is confuseing when you go on the website and it doesn say anything about the tunes
dyno tune

I heard about those on this site and went to go find more info on their site and it doesn't explain... I am not try to bash anything either I am just currious and want to know more about it because there are alot of good things I heard about the system...
The 1000 and 2000 tunes can be downloaded with umpteen different combo's of features, like turbo timers, EGT de-fueling set points, warmup modes, High idle modes... the list goes on, just click on the product updates link on Quad's web site, and you'll see what I mean.
The 3000 and DYNO tunes have no features. They're geared more toward competition use.
Hope this answered you're question:thumbsup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts