Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be putting my adrenaline in tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to make the install go easier? Thanks

-Drew

·
Registered
148 Posts
if you are installing a EGT probe, put some heavy grease or vaseline on the drill bit before you drill into the manifold. that will help keep the metal shavings from dropping in there, and be a pain to get out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
its pretty easy install hardest part is finding the plugs then trying to get your arms in there but aint bad at all

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, I'm not going to do the egt gauge... yet anyways. And i just looked at the truck and it looks like it plugs into everything the same as the comp does.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
ya it sound be the same, and you can do the egt just drill it and hand tap it slow and steady and and you'll be able to get it

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Make sure you get a good positive connection with the wire tap or you won't get all of the power it has to offer.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure you get a good positive connection with the wire tap or you won't get all of the power it has to offer.
How do i make sure i have a good connection?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Don't miss the wire. Get the tap on there and make sure your gonna get the meat of it. Once you get her up and running start out on PL00. then 1 then 2, then when you bump it up to 3 you should feel the power come on from the wire tap. I usually feel it the most whn im cruising and slightly accelerating. Go from 2 to 3 and youll hear it and feel it.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, i got looking through the instruction booklet and I don't have the same thing as in figure A-7. I don't know if its different for the 01's or what. What i have are really weird and they're blue just like that. The pics i took are to big to put on here so i'll put them on myspace and get a link up here as soon as i can.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's what i have

MySpace

Here's what it has a pic of in the manual

MySpace

Sorry for the crappy pics. I had to take them on my cell phone.

BigB - So the ones for the 01 looks different from what's in the manual? Cause i don't have any clue how this thing would plug in and make a difference in the power.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'm not a myspace member so I can't view them. Go to Photobucket.com and get an account and upload them there.

The blue thing in the manual is the tap. You put it around the pump wire, and with a pair of pliers, crimp it onto the wire. Then you run the specified wire to the tap. It shouldn't be much different than the edge comp in your sig.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is pretty weird, but i figured out how to do it last night in a dream :thud:. All you have to do is bend the one end to the other and you'll get it. God i feel retarded. So do i have to use both the supplied t-taps? or do i just use one?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Both T- Taps

No, only if you lose one. Keep it as a spare, they actually send you two that way you can t-tap your ne IP.:lol3:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, i felt retarded after i figured it out. I still feel retarded. The sad thing is i just showed it to my 13 yr old brother this morning and he said "i bet they just fold over like this" and showed me. duhhhh

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so i got all the edge stuff off, but i now have a problem. There's already a tap on the vp line, right to where the adrenaline should hook up. It had a wire connected to it, but it doesn't seem to be any part of the edge. Could this be a part of my guages? I have boost, pyro, and fuel pressure gauges.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
If theres a wire tap already on the vp 44 thats from the edge. I'm not sure if you can hook the quad wire to the edge tap..If they look the same I would imagine you could.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, i tried plugging the adrenaline wire into it and it plugged right in. My cousin has a comp on his 2000 and he said he doesn't have this on his truck. It doesn't seem to be part of the comp as i have already took all the comp stuff out. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be part of the banks exhaust break. It used to be wired to where it would come on if you hit your breaks below 30 mph, but then he wired it to a switch. I wondered if it wasn't part of when it used to be wired to come on automatically. I traced the wires to where they go in, and 3 or 4 of these wires go into a main one that runs back through the rubber gromet in the firewall. The first comes from the wireing harness behind the airfilter then y's off and goes to 2 connecters that arent plugged into anything. then it branches another wire that goes to the heater in the front of the engine, but when it goes under the intake horn, it t's off into the vp tap. Then it keeps going and adds another one that goes to the battery, then it goes through the firewall through the gromet. Sorry for the poor directions of where everything is, but this is how i can explain it. My cousin's coming out later to help me finish puting it on, and i will be able to see what it is.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, got the adrenaline in. All i can say is WOW! Not as much smoke as i thought there would be though. And does your guys' trucks kind of cut out at idle? It's not really bad, just doesnt sound like it should. Is this the added timing? The comp did this also, but only when it was on level 5 and the adrenaline does it on all levels.

That wire was part of the exhaust brake. I cut the wire off and it didnt affect the running of the truck, or the brake, so i don't know what it was

1 - 20 of 20 Posts