Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard of getting the hot unlock for the adrenaline yet? i see it advertised with 11 power levels and can get to a hot unlock option on the pulse asking for the code. When i bought it when it first came out i was on a waiting list and when i got it i asked quad about it and they said they were still developing the hot unlock but does anyone know if it is accessable yet and how do i get it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
lol that cannot be possible. quadzilla cant even get smooth power out of the aggressive tunes yet, how would they make a MORE powerful one. all i hear is people complaining about how the comp tunes shut off your truck and surge bad. but who knows, i dont own one... yet.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
i really don't see what a hot unlock will do for ya. i mean you can download tunes that fuel solely off of tps.

i don't see how you can fuel any harder than that. it'll fuel 100% at any given rpm if you give 100% throttle

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats true. i wasnt even really considering it due to how heavy it fuels already. not to mention i still have the stock turbo which is turning into an aurora 4000 this week. lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
lol that cannot be possible. quadzilla cant even get smooth power out of the aggressive tunes yet, how would they make a MORE powerful one. all i hear is people complaining about how the comp tunes shut off your truck and surge bad. but who knows, i dont own one... yet.
that is still a beta tune if you adjust it with the pulse in the custom tuning people wont have problems.

none of the non beta type tunes have any problems.

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
The guys that are having these problems are going far past what the VP was ever thought to do. I can run mine just fine at the track or dyno with beta tunes. It will die in certain situations but for what I get that I didnt from any other programmer, I'll work around it. Qaud has done what he said. The 1k and 2k tunes are great. the beta tunes are as they are named, "beta tunes"

·
Registered
752 Posts
just my 2 cents but when bullydog and smarty came out with their beta tunes especially the smarty revo it never shut anyones truck off or cause surging i think quad needs to be a lil more cautious about what they put out there and make sure its not a pile of sh!t before thy give it to ppl

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
just my 2 cents but when bullydog and smarty came out with their beta tunes especially the smarty revo it never shut anyones truck off or cause surging i think quad needs to be a lil more cautious about what they put out there and make sure its not a pile of sh!t before thy give it to ppl
Your right bullydog makes the 65 HP they advertise and so does smarty. Dont forget about how the 24v guys were left in the dark by Bob. Sure we got the revo software but some trucks it wouldnt even work on including mine. If you want 65hp get a Bullydog or smarty. Niether one of those alone will get you far though.

·
Registered
388 Posts
When Bullydog and Smarty are putting down another 100HP more than they do now AND offer the end user the ability to customize your own tunes AND add in all the optional equipment then you can begin to compare them to the Adrenaline!

That will never happen so they shouldnt even be mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
456 Posts
if you put the adrenaline on pl2 or maybe pl3 of 11 (0-10) it adds 65hp and wont surge...

but that is a waste of money, the 1000 and 2000 series tunes do not surge or die. the beta tunes are test tunes. show me any other programmer on the market where you can customize so much and have the same hp numbers as the adrenaline for our 24v trucks and ill show you a programmer that does the same as the quad.

Your right bullydog makes the 65 HP they advertise and so does smarty. Dont forget about how the 24v guys were left in the dark by Bob. Sure we got the revo software but some trucks it wouldnt even work on including mine. If you want 65hp get a Bullydog or smarty. Niether one of those alone will get you far though.
When Bullydog and Smarty are putting down another 100HP more than they do now AND offer the end user the ability to customize your own tunes AND add in all the optional equipment then you can begin to compare them to the Adrenaline!

That will never happen so they shouldnt even be mentioned in this thread.
agreed

oh and its another 115hp :thumbsup: just incase the aditional 100hp wasnt enough you get an additional 15hp :lol4:

·
Registered
752 Posts
or i can take my smarty 65hp and stack it with my edgecomp 120 at the wheels and make more than your adrenaline did at the wheels and there alot of dyno sheet floating around to prove that and my truck wont shut off or die random times on top of that the adrenaline advertise hp gains of 180 but the most recorded to the wheel has been 135 where as the edge says 120 thats what u get at the wheels i and on top of that i paid less for my smart and edge combine then you would for your adrenaline now tell me whats better???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
or i can take my smarty 65hp and stack it with my edgecomp 120 at the wheels and make more than your adrenaline did at the wheels and there alot of dyno sheet floating around to prove that and my truck wont shut off or die random times on top of that the adrenaline advertise hp gains of 180 but the most recorded to the wheel has been 135 where as the edge says 120 thats what u get at the wheels i and on top of that i paid less for my smart and edge combine then you would for your adrenaline now tell me whats better???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
you keep forgeting that the dieing is on certain trucks and the BETA (test) Tunes....NOT the 1000 or 2000 tunes....have you any experiance with an ADR?? Not trying to be a jerk just asking, i've had the comp set up and I WILL NOT go back. take two identical trucks, one with the comp/smarty and other with the ADR/Pulse (heck stack it with the smarty if you want) and i bet the ADR/Pulse combo has better times at the track and will tow better in REAL WORLD situations than the Comp/Smarty stack, you turn faster times with a Comp with the smarty off than with it on and will dyno more power from what i know with the smarty off...only thing it does is pick up bottom end for driveability purposes on the street that the Comp lacks. Just my experiance.

And my adr was pulseing some after my TPS was replaced, (most prob. wouldnt notice) but I played with the custom tuning and it's smooth as glass, and I would LOVE to see a truck identical as mine with a Comp on it and compair them...and btw I run the 2000 tune on my truck personally. I still have a stock turbo and with the box and the fuel going into it it gets plenty warm.....

Nuts, i didnt get into the other features that the ADR/Pulse has like auto high idle, the superior defueling and ohh how many others it has....

Long story short, I feal you attacked a product with not a lot of FIRST HAND experiance...and dynos are great for learning, but what works on a dyno dont always work in the real world....it's like bench flowing a cylender head, a head that flows less than another may make more power...anyone can make a head flow huge numbers and brag about it...but there isnt enough velocity and many other things so all it is just numbers.

just my .02, it's been a long day at work. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Can you edge adjust the fuel/timing...or anything at all. And with the adrenaline you can turn off the adr's timing and run the smarty's timing. When you compare apples make sure your not comparing "geneticaly altered apples" [(the adr superior in function to the edge) think efi live] to your standard off the tree orchard type apples.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Can you edge adjust the fuel/timing...or anything at all. And with the adrenaline you can turn off the adr's timing and run the smarty's timing. When you compare apples make sure your not comparing "geneticaly altered apples" [(the adr superior in function to the edge) think efi live] to your standard off the tree orchard type apples.:thumbsup:
LOL......that was good! The ADR and Edge threads are always funny.... :hehe:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
There are some people that have good luck with the quad and some that HATE it. There is no reason to keep arguing about it. Its shown that you cant get the 180WHP that they claim without injectors and turbo,*from what i remember* and thats fine, the people who run it, usually have them both. But for the people who say, IT IS THE BEST, RACE ME I HAVE A QUAD.

Grow up... There is always going to be a bigger and better truck than yours. Just cuz you have a quad doesnt make it sweet.

This is an ongoing argument that not one person will win, sole purpose being, people are bias to what is on their truck. I am not defending either, but clearly i had made my decision on what box i am running on my truck. Personally i just dont want to go thru the hassle of adjusting all the paramaters hahah, i am far to lazy to download tunes all the time. Thats partially why i sold the smarty.

Other than that, i guess you guys will keep arguing no matter what someone says. I usually am the one fighting for edge, but i have learned that it gets you no where besides a PM from a moderator telling you to shut up.

Mike

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
so then why is the unlock there??

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
I wish we lived closer I'd love to put some money on that. I have owned an edg, smarty and adrenaline. Ive stacked the smarty with both. Think what you will, but I'll stick with my proven track times and dyno sheets from the ADR.

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
I personally dropped over 3/10ths of a second in the quarte mile by switching to the ADR.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I wish we lived closer I'd love to put some money on that. I have owned an edg, smarty and adrenaline. Ive stacked the smarty with both. Think what you will, but I'll stick with my proven track times and dyno sheets from the ADR.
right...real world aplications provide more results than just a dyno or seat of the pants...

I've also ran all the above, I had a Comp and stacked it with a friends smarty and i liked it then...but once i took the smarty off i didnt like the comp on the street. so i swapped to the ADR/Pulse...wow what a diff, it fealt a touch stronger if just as strong as the Comp/Smarty on the street. I havnt stacked a smarty with my ADR. But my stock snail doesnt like my truck nor me anymore lol

I would have loved to have dynoed my Comp and ADR/Pulse one right after another on a dyno for curiousity sake, then ran the Comp/Smarty vs the ADR.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts