Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured out how to make a complete retard out of myself last night, just load the dyno tune then go to a party and tell everyone how awesome it is , then go kill your truck in front of them all.

HAAAA

why does my truck die on the dyno tune, like when I shift out of first gear, its not running anymore, I understand that this is not a street tune, I just want to know why the truck dies.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I see your from missouri where is the closest dyno in central mo.??

·
Not like the others......
5,078 Posts
Yes, the dyno tune can kill the truck, especially with the aftermarket fuel pumps, something about a safety feature on the pump (at least that's what Quad says).
Just try to ease out of the throttle, should be OK then.
I believe Quad is trying to refine the tune so it will not kill the truck. It is just a Beta tune, so it is not perfect.

·
Not like the others......
5,078 Posts
Make yourself look like a bigger retard and load it in you truck, and go to a truck show and watch it do that while in the cruise line...twice...:thud:
Is that one of those...........Don't ask me how I know this statements?? :lol3:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Make yourself look like a bigger retard and load it in you truck, and go to a truck show and watch it do that while in the cruise line...twice..
Or go to the dragstrip and do a o/d burnout and kill it when you let out...:w:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it sucks having a 5 speed because I cant really ease out of it when I want to shift, I mean I guess I could just not let off the throttle when I shift.......:rof

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I aint had no problems with it on my truck.If i get on it easy it gives me some problems.If i put it to the floor no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
It will actually only kill the truck if you are going WAY past the revlimiter.

For those of you killing the trucks, you need to shift!!

I will have one out shortly that will not kill it regardless of the revs.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i tried shifting mine at 3000 rpms and it still dies on me, my fuel pressure is zero, after that and I cant get the pump to come back on, I just have to let it sit there a minute, is that what you have to do to get it started again?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I had to pull the fuse I had the fass power wire tapped to...I don't know what RPM I was at, but it is hard to shift in neutral revving it up... Man did it sound NASTY with the smarty stacked on 8 with the dyno tune, wish I would of had video.

Rick

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
i tried shifting mine at 3000 rpms and it still dies on me, my fuel pressure is zero, after that and I cant get the pump to come back on, I just have to let it sit there a minute, is that what you have to do to get it started again?
the reason you have to wait is a safety feature thats built into the pump...someone mentioned it earlier

the first time it killed my truck, i assumed it was vapor locked so i cracked my injector lines and started it up. i later found out you just have to wait a couple minutes and then start cranking.

it killed the truck during a burnout when shifting into second (auto) and when free reving past 3000rpm

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
how are the 3000 tunes working?.....and new ones out that are not on the quad web site ?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
the 4k test3 tune is what i currently have on the truck and its very strong...it will fuel hard to 3600rpm then it starts popping. think quad said thats all it fuels to until rev limiter comes into play. they are working on 4k fueling though.

the 3000 tune was good. i like 4k test3 the best. just an opinion though

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
i am running the 2000 tune and i still get surging in OD....i still have to unlock the converter anything under 60-65 mph

are any of the other tunes and better?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts