Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright.. with the adr why is it that the tunes dont seems to say loaded properly.... when i upload a new tune it runs great and chirps the tires through fourth gear.. but later is does not seem to fuel as har dor run nearly as fast and hard. why is that whats going on with it? i have the 3000G tune one it now./...

and my second question which is not related to the adr... but does anyone have their FP gauges tapped right into the side of the VP, because i do with an isolator and when i get on the truck hard the FP shoots back and forth between like 12 and 20 PSI is that just pulses from the VP? should i out a T in my fuel line somewhere and take a FP reading from father back will that fix this?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is how i have my FP gauge hooked up.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
you should have a needle valve between the fuel pressure source (in your case the vp44) and the gauge. only crack open the needle valve to let pressure through to the gauge, dont open it all the way...that will put a buffer between the IP and the gauge.
when i was running my mechanical gauge with my previous lift pump setup, i took my pressure from the bottom of the stock fuel filter housing...now i have an airdog, and you eliminate all banjo bolts with that system, so i now pull it from the provided port at the top of the airdog. in any case you need that needle valve or a "snubber"

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool ill try putting one in thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts