Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i spin my fuel pin and adjust my star wheel will that wreck the FSS

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
Adding any more fuel takes the chance of tearing the plunger. I have 5x13's denny t and three turns on the fuel screw and my FSS is still working. I just figure when it goes ill put a chocke cable in.

·
Sweatin to the oldies
2,211 Posts
You won't have to worry about that until you start cranking up the main fuel screw and putting in injectors. You're fine.

·
Super Moderator
23,864 Posts
If you have your starwheel adjusted right to where it doesn't over fuel and your engine is lightly modified you'll be ok.

Turning the fuel pin to the deepest just makes the fuel come faster and then you'll need to raise your starwheel so your not over fueling.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
what hurts the FSS is really cranking in the full fuel screw (on the back side of the pump) with stock injectors. it builds too much pressure in the pump, and blows the little rubber plunger. If you upgrade your injectors, they flow more, and do not allow pressure to build up so high, therefore alleviating the chance of blowing out the FSS plunger

Reactions: First_Gen_smokuh

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i pulled it all apart and well someone else has adjusted everything and turned the fuel pin... but if i turn the fuel up on the back she shall soot i would assume, am i correct?

·
Sweatin to the oldies
2,211 Posts
Soot is an unfortunate side effect of turning up the power, yes. But you can keep it low by easing into it before the turbo lights, or by getting a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i just found the power screw i took that band clamp or whatever you'd like to call it and i soaked it in PB blaster... ill turn the smoke screw out tomorrow and then turn the fuel screw up and just get a little soot... i dont want it like my black first gen lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts