Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

adjusting kickdown on 47rh?

3966 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Joe G.
how do you adjust the kickdown cable on the 47rh? looked like there was a button to push but couldn't get it to release. need to adjust it a little bit.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
I pull the cable off of the linkage at the tranny and floor the accelerator pedal and adjust the cable so that it lines up with the linkage.I usually squeeze the button with a pair of channel locks to make it easy and slide the adjuster.

· Registered
209 Posts
I just did mine today. I used a screw driver and push the button in and the cable slides in or out easly. shifted much better after i pulled the cable out 2 clicks. it is kinda hard to push in . Good Luck

· Registered
1,763 Posts
The 47RH TV cable is a little bit different than later ones. There is a black cube that is mounted on the engine end of the cable in a bracket. It has a round lump on one side that looks like a button. That is not the button. It's the spring housing. The button is the flat place on the other side of the cube. I use a 2" C-clamp to press and hold the button for adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.