Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has the same truck I do and his driver's door sags when he opens it. How do you adjust the door hinges on these?...or do you just replace them?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...anybody?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I know timing has a lot to do with response to a thread so I'll give it one more try. Hopefully someone has something on this...

·
Registered
2012 3500 CCLB dually 4x4 auto Mini Maxx w/Anarchy Tunes studs 35's 5" exhaust S&B intake
894 Posts
I have heard replacing the hinge pins and bushings is the proper repair, but I have not done it. I need to, though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the hinges on a dodge have bolts outside and one inside. the one inside you must take the parking brake loose to get to the upper bolt. its sort of dumb but it works so i guess its alright. thats on the bodyside. you can probably open the door and get ahold of it with both hands on it and pick it up to tweak the hinges to help it a little untill you can replace the pins.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Did you get this problem fixed? I have a similar problem. When I open the door it drops slightly then when closing it locks back up into place with a slight difficulty. It is my assumption after examining the hinge area that the pins which have what appear to be a nylon bushing around them are broken and the pins bent. Is this kinda thing a dealer part? Or something found at a parts/hardware store?

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can get away with not actualy fixing the bad bushings causing your door to drop. you bend the hinges so that when the door drops it is at the appropriate height. That make seince? you will still be able to lift the door and tell there is play but nobody will ever know because it wont drop when u open the door anymore. there is a tool that latches into your door and prys againsed the striker in the b pillar to do this or you could try lifting or jacking up on the back of the door (with it more closed then open).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Replacement Hinges

LMC Truck sells replacement door hinges. I purchased them and I am trying to see if any one has replaced them. I'm hopping to find some instructions as Dodge expects us to replace hinge assemblies and LMC Truck did not supply any instructions.:thumbsup:

Well, this morning (Aug 8, 2010) I finally got around to attempting the hinge pin repair. Not gonna be easy, I drove out the upper pin, found both bushings worn throuogh and pin is worn. The supplied pins from LMC do not fit in the existing holes, the new pins are larger dia but shorter. The factory pin has a larger lower od than its upper OD, so....I will have to drill out the existing hinges. My expectation was a replacement pin, not ones requiring hinge modifications. Gonna have to take doors off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts