Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had bought a set of mcqauy norris ball joints,,they say they r adjustable..my issue is ,,that the upper drivers side has ALOT of play,,i mean ALOT..pumped some grease in them stiffned it up ,,went for a drive now,,back to square one,,is it beat or can this be adjusted?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how can just one ball joint have so much play

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
is it up and down play or side to side. The ball joints are spring loaded so a bit of up and down play is normal.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it up and down play or side to side. The ball joints are spring loaded so a bit of up and down play is normal.
if they r spring loaded then,,y doesnt my passenger side do it as well..u can see the upper ball joint nut move,,the whole tire moves,,up and down ,,side to side

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I was just on their web site and they say that there isn't a spring in their components. Do you know if they have a warranty and if your truck falls into their requirments? I was told if you see more than 1/8" movement from the ball to the socket then it's nfg. You're saying the nut is moving then try tightening it and check for movement again. But that could be a problem that can fail a joint. Loose hardware can cause a hammering effect and pound the ball or it's housing.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did try to tighten it but the whole assembly was movin ,,so i stopped,,i bought these at tireclub and it says lifetime warranty..wont know til i contact them tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts