Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a overhaul of my 06 that has had a rough life. While apart I added a few options to my truck. Some options I didn't have trouble with, some are giving me trouble.

The ones I am having trouble with is steering wheel radio controls, factory rear sliding window and power pedals. I verified the wiring harness was the same but none of these work.

Any idea what I need to do to make these work?

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
These features most likely need to be turned "on" in the computer much like adding factory fog lights to a truck that didn't come with them.

I'm pretty new to using AlfaOBD and only have experience using it on a few 4th gens so I can't say for sure if it works on '06 trucks but there is a lot of info on here about it. Other options would be going to the dealership and having them activate the features in exchange for vital parts of your anatomy or find an alternate power source to operate the features which would require additional wiring and such.

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,640 Posts
AlfaOBD works with 06 trucks. But I’ve never looked into those features to see if they’re present and working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts