Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 ST model. I am wanting to add a sub box and an amp under the rear seat. I was reading on the internet about a "Pac" adapter that I can plug in to the factory system so I don't have to cut any wires. Has anyone installed an amp this way, also I am wondering if my truck has a factory amp, if it does where is it. I would like to see what brand it is. Any help on this would greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 ST model. I am wanting to add a sub box and an amp under the rear seat. I was reading on the internet about a "Pac" adapter that I can plug in to the factory system so I don't have to cut any wires. Has anyone installed an amp this way, also I am wondering if my truck has a factory amp, if it does where is it. I would like to see what brand it is. Any help on this would greatly appreciated. Thanks
Redbull, I have an ST as well, and literally just used the PAC device on Monday to install my JL Audio XD600-1 and JL Audio 10w6 into my truck. Unless your dealer ordered your ST special, then it doesn't have the upgraded system in it, and you can get away with this adapter:
Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Don't use 2012 when searching for audio components for our truck. Most just assume that we have the upgraded stereos. Search using 2010, and remember that our stereo is the high speed canbus stereo. I swapped out my stock headunit for a used Chrsyler 300 RBZ, and it works like a charm. The only thing that bugs me is that the startup logo say Chrysler. HA! :)

Reactions: Demosthenes

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, is that all I will need to get the amp hooked up? In the instructions I thought it says I will need some other cable that splices in. Also how does the stock stereo come out, does the front face plate pull out some how?

·
Registered
1990 Dodge w250 12v Cummins (under construction). 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L
1,992 Posts
On the top of it you'll see a recess. Pull the little rubber pad out. There are 2 torx screws. Once those are out just pull the bezel out. It's just held on with snap clips. Radio is held on with 4 8mm (I think) bolts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts