Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a amp and sub that came out of my old truck that I want to put in my new truck. My truck has the Infintiy Sound System in the truck. I am wondering what it will take to install my amp and sub in the new truck. The amp is just gonna control the sub btw.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
501 Posts

here it is lol

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
just buy the normal pac audio convertor and splice it into your speaker wires under the kick panel on the passenger side front, going to the front speaker. then you can run your rca's to that and splice your remote wire into the cig lighter so it powers on the amp when the key is turned on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
501 Posts
i cant find it on the internet but i got it at my local car speaker place
but it a 40 dollar box that you tap into your speaker wires and it has the rca jacks on it

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
but it a 40 dollar box that you tap into your speaker wires and it has the rca jacks on it
the pac audio makes one thats what I used much like the one in the link posted above just not plug and play you gotta splice in, but alot of different compaines make them, just remember splice into the front because the bass gets screwed up splicing into the back speakers and some other problems happen too.

·
Registered
495 Posts

here you go..... a basic L/O converter like this:

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

and tie your remote in to your fuse panel and you are set to go!!

You can find your rear speaker wires (which is what i would use) in the driver side runner, where all the wires are at...or you could go up to the driver kick panel.

You will want these wires:

Left Rear: + Dk.green/dk.blue Line level output
Left Rear: - Dk.green/orange Line level output
Right Rear: + Gray/dk.blue Line level output
Right Rear: - Gray/orange Line level output

Good luck & rock on!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
501 Posts
play some beats!! hahaha

·
Registered
495 Posts
Also...kmkdiesel mentioned to tie the wires into the front...I personally have never had a problem tying to the rear, but if you want to use the front, here they are!!:thumbsup:

Left Front: + Dk.green/yellow
Left Front: - Dk.green/lt.blue
Right Front: + Gray/yellow
Right Front: - Gray/lt.blue

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
and all these wires can be found in the drivers side kick panel?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Honestly...don't trust em. Have had several problems with em. I'd rather wire in the speakers...just personal opinion only....:S: :thumbsup:

Why would you use the line out converter and splice into factory wires when there is a plug and play solution? It costs a little more, but its the right way to do it on these trucks

Heres the part for 77 shipped

AMPLIFIER INTEGRATION INTERFACE FOR CHRYSLER C2A-CHY - eBay (item 400085119247 end time Dec-12-09 14:10:02 PST)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well in that case..im gonna take it to my local audio shop and let them install that box, but i will do the rest of it my self.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
Also...kmkdiesel mentioned to tie the wires into the front...I personally have never had a problem tying to the rear, but if you want to use the front, here they are!!:thumbsup:

Left Front: + Dk.green/yellow
Left Front: - Dk.green/lt.blue
Right Front: + Gray/yellow
Right Front: - Gray/lt.blue
I personally have not seen a problem doing the back but alot of others on here have had problems. not sure exact problems but it was fixed going to the front, something with the bass signal or something, not sure if its just these trucks or vehicles in general, I did the front with no problems but in other vehicles I have hooked in the back with no problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.