Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas, i have a 07.5 6.7 CTD with a 6" bds lift. The rear is replacement leaf spring so no big blocks. I do want another inch or 2 as its level now but would rather have alittle rake. Then i would like bag's to help keep it at the rake when hauling loads.

Anyone install bags with a lift? Is it custom braketry at this point?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
CARLI makes a long travel bag kit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you just need a spacer, this is from tuff country

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here is my setup with an 8" lift, running the Carli LT bags and a 6" spacer.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Here is my setup with an 8" lift, running the Carli LT bags and a 6" spacer
Are those decent bags? if you dont mind, what was the price? How do they air up? Can you just hook to onboard air system? Thanks.

-Alex

·
Registered
70 Posts
I really like the bags, they work great. I paid 850 for them. I have the valves in the bottom holes of the license plate frame, but I am sure you could hook them up to onboard air if you wanted to.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
you just need a spacer, this is from tuff country

[/IMG]

I'm guessing you get REAL bad wheel hop with that big honking spacer under your springs?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Here is my setup with an 8" lift, running the Carli LT bags and a 6" spacer.

Wow.. those bags are REALLY inboard.. I am not sure I would want that with 100psi in the bags... But thats probably one of the ways they get LT.

To the OP: Firestone makes spacers for their bags.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm looks like a few options. Thanks for the replies fellas.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ah no problem, thats pretty nice setup, how longs it take to air up each one? Also I called up the guy at Carli and ge said with my Rize lift thes bags would not work..... is this true or is he full of it? How exactly did you do your setup?, sorry for the questions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It only takes me a couple minutes after hooking up my trailer fill them to the proper pressure. They told me the same thing but I have the deaver 8" springs (witch are really soft) and a 2" block in the back so I didnt think that regular bags would work so I did it anyway and they work great for me, I have a 28 toyhauler when loaded weighs about 14,000lbs and they bring the trailer right back to where it belongs. The only thing I did was made a shim the exact diamiter of the spacer and placed it between the spacer and the bottom of the bag. If you look at the bottom of the bag you will know why.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
I have a compressor onboard for my exhaust brake, I use it with an Air Lift wireless controller to add or remove air from my airbags, works slick and no need to run a buncha air lines and wiring into the cab and end up with a big ugly analog gauge and switches hanging from the dash, it works slick:
Air Lift Company - WirelessAIR

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
SLEDGE

Thanks again for the quick reply and very nice setup you have there, the rig looks fantastic. Okay one more question my Rize kit is completly stock not modded in anyway, shape, or form, will these airbags work for me? I cant see why not but i dont want to blow the money if it doesnt.

FISHER GUY

Thats pretty wicked if i find out what i wanna do i might just get that.

Thanks,

-Alex

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks, I am very happy with the way it turned out. I think they would work just fine for you, I dont see a problem, you wont be sorry. The reason I run a valve for each bag is when you go around a corner all the pressure stays in the one bag I think if you run one valve and T it for both the air moves from side to side as you corner, that is just my opinion I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm guessing you get REAL bad wheel hop with that big honking spacer under your springs?
uh no. not sure what you mean by that? I got the spacer at Les schwab and my bags I got at summit for like $250 i think. I also have an onboard air compressor and gauge under my dash. it only takes 40psi to level out my 10k toy hauler. the carli set up looks sweet, little spendy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts