Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor just bought a 40 ft trailer to get into an over the road hauler job. We were talking over the weekend about how to/ or if you could get adapters for the rear axle to make it a dually? I assured him that adapters were out there and am asking here where to get them and how much? Also, can the new 1 ton dually truck bed "fender flares" be grafted or just simply bolted to his '05 short bed wheel well openings to cover the extra wheels sticking out? Thanks for your time and help, Chris.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
He will have to get different wheels as well as spacers. as far as the fenders go, my neighbor just did this job and it cost him close to 10grand. He had to get fibre glass fenders outa texas. He said the mega cab ones don't really fit without cutting your box to bits. Not sure the whole deal. he also said they cost more then these fiber glass ones. He put new tires wheels, fenders, flares on the front, and had it painted. looks awesome. his was a low milage truck and he found he could not find an equal replacement for a good deal. I really need to steal some pics of it. It looks kinda cool being a qc short bed with dually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the reply. I know he also was considering a flat bed to deal with the whole bed extension thing and also we discussed the addition of new wheels for the dually offset. Send some pics this way of your buddies ride when you get some. I am sure my neighbor doesn't want to drop 10 grand it this conversion though. Let me know if you get anymore insight on the swap, thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You think he could maybe just buy a brand new mega bed for cheaper then 10..... just a thought

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
well it cost him probably 5grand just for the wheels and tires. he did put all new rubber on. And it might not have hit 10g either. It was a number he through out at me. I think the mega beds are a different size, but I'm probably wrong. Never really been up close to a mega.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts