Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have actually replaced the turbo actuator how long did it actually take? The first of this year I replaced the turbo in my 2013 with a BD reman and have not had any issues...knock on wood!!! Took me about 2 weeks in the evening and weekends, probably 12-14 hours labor. Pretty sure I could do it in under 10 hours now that I know what to do. I would rather never have to replace the turbo again though...lol

Now my wife's 2015 is throwing the same codes, but it appears that it is more likely an actuator issue and not a full turbo issue. Dealer will not warranty the actuator and wants $3500 to replace it. A new actuator is available online for $999 (maybe less at other sites) and it appears that it should only take a couple hours to drain coolant, R&R the actuator and calibrate it. To me, this should be at most a $1500 repair at the dealer but they are totally screwing the consumers on this deal! Dealer claims it books as a 4 hour repair. It would not surprise me if there is eventually a Class Action lawsuit against FCA & dealers over this issue.

My thinking is I can purchase a new actuator and Autel808 to calibrate it for under $1500 and move on with my life and have an Autel for future use.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think alfaobd allows for the calibration but i like the sound of the auetel

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OR Mega Cab

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have the aphaOBD App & just ordered the OBDMX+. AlphaOBD app doesn't want to work the with wifi OBD adapter I already have.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, the mx+ adapter is the best.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Will dealer not warranty it bc truck is out of warranty? Dealer warrantied mine

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Genos Garage has an actuator that they say has been upgraded and does not require flashing or any computer work. That would make changing out an actuator very easy for a do it yourself guy.
You need to pay more attention to what you read. That actuator is for 2012 and down. It’s useless on a 2015.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You need to pay more attention to what you read. That actuator is for 2012 and down. It’s useless on a 2015.

EXCUSE ME......I am sure everything you say and write is always 100 percent accurate all the time. I have edited my post so as not to confuse anyone else.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Don’t sweat it jdj. Keep rolling. I’m wrong or mistaken more then I’m not

·
Registered
59 Posts
I called the makers of the billet actuator. Said they was the same ither than plug and they sell adapters.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Its a 2hr or less job if the bolts come out and with the right tools and scanner capable of setting it up. You will loose some coolant so make sure you have some to top it off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone tried the
ELECTRONIC TURBO ACTUATOR UPGRADE ('07.5-'12, 2500/3500/4500/5500) from Geno's Garage?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I should be installing this on my 2014 this weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts