Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

19461 - 19480 of 20477 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Cummins performed incredibly well. Very very pleased with the temperatures, exhaust brake, control and how well it stayed in the power band (1600-2100) all trip and 2100 was rare!
I guess I had forgotten that you had the factory exhaust brake. That's a good deal. The exhaust brake is one thing I regretted not having on my 2006.

Today you came off the mountain, so I assume the 2100 RPMs you saw was on the hills on I-25? Do you remember what RPMs you saw when you were going up the mountain to Ruidoso?

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
For those who don't know, you might find it interesting to know that next to Ruidoso is a small town called Capitan, which is the home of Smokey the Bear. Cody, Capitan might be a cool place to take the kids if you ever go back to the Ruidoso area.

I also forgot to mention that Owls Cafe and Buckhorn Tavern are legendary places to stop for a green chile cheeseburger. Both are located in San Antonio, NM and have earned their way to the top of the list as best green chile cheeseburger in New Mexico.

Reactions: NordicNevs

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I guess I had forgotten that you had the factory exhaust brake. That's a good deal. The exhaust brake is one thing I regretted not having on my 2006.

Today you came off the mountain, so I assume the 2100 RPMs you saw was on the hills on I-25? Do you remember what RPMs you saw when you were going up the mountain to Ruidoso?
Same. If I was on a climb and it went from 5-4 or 6-5 it would kiss that range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Same. If I was on a climb and it went from 5-4 or 6-5 it would kiss that range
Gotcha. You had some good hills on most of that trip. Even the drive from San Antonio to Carrizozo had some long steep grades. I posted this picture last July when we went through that part of the country. It was 104*F near Tularosa.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Jimmy, I hope you're getting some of this rain. This is our fourth day in a row of monsoon like weather.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Today was trash day. We had some extra room in the trash cans this week, so I removed the old ventilation and cut it up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Also trimmed this tree and cut it up to fit in the trash cans.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NordicNevs

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
Jimmy, I hope you're getting some of this rain. This is our fourth day in a row of monsoon like weather.
I wish. Keep hearing thunder, and see the occasional lightning around us, but only a few thousands of rain here so far.
There's almost no snow left in the hills that I can see, so the river is down quite a bit already.
It's also stupid hot. This may become a grim summer.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
I wish. Keep hearing thunder, and see the occasional lightning around us, but only a few thousands of rain here so far.
There's almost no snow left in the hills that I can see, so the river is down quite a bit already.
It's also stupid hot. This may become a grim summer.

It sprinkled the first two days. Yesterday we got a small shower, but nothing to get too excited about. Today started off with a good hard rain and finished with a softer rain that continued for about an hour. I don't have a rain gauge, so it's hard to know for sure.

It's supposed to be hot the rest of the week with a chance of thunderstorms on Friday. Let's hope the moisture continues.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
I called SiriusXM to discuss my subscription renewal. Due to heavy call volume, the automated system gave the option to hear about their COVID-19 price. They recognized my phone number and gave me a price of $78 to continue my current streaming package for 12 more months. After hearing the offer, I was asked to 'accept' or 'reject'. Without hesitation, I said "YES"! That was the fastest phone call I've ever had with SiriusXM. I was literally on the phone for 45 seconds. $78 for 12 months is a good deal for streaming, plus I have the subscription in our truck. But the better deal was not having to 'negotiate' the price with a live representative.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
The good news is that my truck is now in KZP status, which means it's getting all the badging put on. If things go well, it could be shipped sometime in the next 10 days.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it come off the line and the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
Hmm. KZ anything (never heard of KZP) should mean that it's done and invoiced.
All three and four letter codes I've seen, starting with KZ, has to do with shipping.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Hmm. KZ anything (never heard of KZP) should mean that it's done and invoiced.
All three and four letter codes I've seen, starting with KZ, has to do with shipping.
This is what Kirk told me, "Your truck is now in KZP, which means it is built but is getting all the badging and emblems put on!"

I wrote down all the codes from 2018. I'm sure they could have changed, but as you mentioned, the KZ codes are typically stage 5 codes. Here's what I have for Stage 5:

KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
Even if it went to an upfitter (which it won't since that happens on the assembly line), to get the badging installed, it wouldn't be a KZ yet.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Even if it went to an upfitter (which it won't since that happens on the assembly line), to get the badging installed, it wouldn't be a KZ yet.
I'll hit up Kirk in a week and see what the status is. Based on what he said about badging, I'm wondering if the truck is coming out of stage 4 and into stage 5. Maybe by next week, it will be shipped.

Stage 4

E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
It wouldn't be in a K, then revert to an earlier stage. Unless it had to go back for a repair, respray, or something, but that wouldn't be on the assembly line, anyway.

And don't plan your vacation around the projected shipping date. Remember that after getting to KZ, it took four months and eight days for a car of ours to make it to the dealer.
Once it finally got on a train it went fairly quickly, though.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
And don't plan your vacation around the projected shipping date. Remember that after getting to KZ, it took four months and eight days for a car of ours to make it to the dealer.
Once it finally got on a train it went fairly quickly, though.
I'm not going to get too hopeful. Kirk seems to believe it will ship very soon. I sent him an email this morning asking if we could start the paperwork. If possible, I would like to secure the 0% interest and no payments for 90 days.

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
It doesn't work quite that way, for several reasons.

It doesn't matter that you have it in your signature, or even if you somehow already paid for it. They can't do the paperwork until the vehicle has arrived at the dealership.
Only then can any damage be assessed (which could make you refuse it), the odometer statement created, etc.

Whatever rebates and incentives are in effect at the time of the sale is what counts, and the sale can't happen until the vehicle does.

19461 - 19480 of 20477 Posts