Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
31861 - 31880 of 31889 Posts

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
1.) Sometimes I think I'm the only one here that didnt pay cash for my truck, or my house & property for that matter.

2.) It's always been said that tying up somebody elses money (AKA a 0% loan) is always smarter than tying up your own money (paying cash), however that logic doesnt seem to fly here at CF.com :unsure:
I paid cash for my house car truck camper tractor and everything else I own…, but it’s only because I’m 36, unemployed with no income and probably couldn’t get a loan… 😂

·
P2609 Fanatic
5,072 Posts
I paid cash for my house car truck camper tractor and everything else I own…, but it’s only because I’m 36, unemployed with no income and probably couldn’t get a loan…
You operate under a unique set of rules.
Almost the exact polar opposite of the cluttered complex and burdensome world I live in.
An impressive level of independence because you dont get bogged down in all the trapping that so many of us eventually end up suffering under the weight of.

That's my observation, and I'm sticking to it! 🍺

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
You operate under a unique set of rules.
Almost the exact polar opposite of the cluttered complex and burdensome world I live in.
An impressive level of independence because you dont get bogged down in all the trapping that so many of us eventually end up suffering under the weight of.

That's my observation, and I'm sticking to it! 🍺
It was not easy pushing myself to the point in which you take notice. But you are correct. Sometime around April last year between the fright of covid, crazy govt and my own health issues, ‘my give a crap’ ran out. Many things that mattered before stopped mattering.

·
P2609 Fanatic
5,072 Posts
It was not easy pushing myself to the point in which you take notice. But you are correct. Sometime around April last year between the fright of covid, crazy govt and my own health issues, ‘my give a crap’ ran out. Many things that mattered before stopped mattering.
^^^ I certainly did notice.
I'm afraid to leave my own neighborhood... You on the other hand pulled up stakes and hit the road on your own accord.

I'm not an independent agent. I come with a lot of baggage so for now it's best I ride it out here, but I cant help but envy your autonomous approach to life.
Lots of people talk the talk... but few actually do what you are doing.
Just sayin' (y)🍺

·
Registered
2006 F250 SD,4x4
4,568 Posts
He wrote the check for 94k
Gross!!! But good on him for 2 reasons. 1) f**k the haters and 2) he wrote a check and didn’t finance a single thing.

The one I ordered is just a lariat at 77k lol and no checks
Thats crazy, but hey if you got flaunt it. Iol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
P2609 Fanatic
5,072 Posts
^^^ I like watching the "big bucks" guys do their thing. I find it impressive, even soothing.

There are tons of marinas where I live here on the East Coast.
Overpriced restaurants with parking lots packed with exotic sports cars located on the pier at a marina filled with million dollar boats.

And then you also have me and the rest of the Blue Collar slobs sitting at the bar watching them in total awe. :LOL:
Another thing I've noticed watching the high-rollers vs the poor people at the shore... The poor people use cash, the high rollers never touch the stuff.
I guess flashing large amounts of cash is soothing to someone that doesnt particularly have a lot.

Seems @NordicNevs has a good grip on reality and what's going on out there. 🍺

·
Registered
21,728 Posts
Jimmy I’m waiting on my wheels still….what’s up with that.
Damn, I must've been watching the curling championships and had the volume up too high. Didn't notice that you were here.

Anyway, they're still not quite old enough to be Gen 3 wheels. Give it another couple of months.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Damn, I must've been watching the curling championships and had the volume up too high. Didn't notice that you were here.

Anyway, they're still not quite old enough to be Gen 3 wheels. Give it another couple of months.
You’re missing the point. Since they are yours and you are holding onto them I’ll make them an exception. They don’t have to 3rd Gen wheels if what you have are 4th Gen.

·
Registered
21,728 Posts
Maybe wait until February's drawing? Hopefully it'll be at least a 2500 then.

Reactions: Electrojake

·
Registered
21,728 Posts
You gotcha something from my area. There's a bilstein factory near me.
Hmm. I thought it was damp enough there as it is (most people call them dampeners. for some reason).

31861 - 31880 of 31889 Posts