Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

29261 - 29280 of 29465 Posts

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
What an amazing trailer wow
Seems like a good company. I like the deck on the neck, spare tire carrier, and tool boxes. I'll be in the market for a lowboy gooseneck one of these days, so I'll have to keep Diamond C in mind.

·
White Lightning
12,771 Posts
Actually, tryNto has made it easy for me. I remind people of the guidelines that were posted a few months ago.

Folks, it's become painfully obvious that we have some issues with posts on here, and we have decided that it's time to wrangle in the monster in an effort to improve the forum experience for ALL members.

Here are some areas that we will be cracking down on more:

*Profanity. Profanity simply isn't going to be acceptable, and that includes using alternate characters in place of letters. An "A" followed by two "z's" is the same as an "A" followed by two "s's". One of my sticking points is the term douche or dbag; no more.

*"Dog-piling" or a "mob mentality". I see it all the time, a person posts a question or asks for input, and pretty soon one member slams them and before we know it, we have four or five guys jumping on. No more.

*Respect. We all need to make an effort when conversing with folks, to be as respectful as possible. Treat others like their input is gold; you don't have to like an idea but be respectful. It's possible to have a discussion with opposing views and still being friendly and respectful. Childish antics and fits and personal shots/attacks are not acceptable, this isn't Congress. Treat others with the utmost respect and you'll get it in return.

*Baiting. I don't go a day without seeing multiple posts designed to instigate an argument, or crafted in a way to provoke another member's response. No more.

Basically, folks, if you can't treat others with respect, and keep the language down, and follow the very rules that YOU agreed to when you signed up for this forum, you don't need to be here. We're all grown men, it's time we act like it. I expect the longer-term members to act as a positive example for the newer guys.

This is going to be a long process, and I expect many won't like the vacations they receive. Consider this your warning folks, we will be swift in dealing with issues and won't be lenient in our disciplinary measures.

Please, everyone, before you post a message, read over it again. Ask yourself "will this instigate an argument?", "If this is going to add to the value of the thread?" or "is the language acceptable?" If not, change it before you hit submit.
Do you realize that MoPar Proud actually created the above???? It wasn’t try NtO

·
Registered
17,657 Posts
Indeed, but since I don't have a 4500 or 5500, I ordered mine (a PJ) without a lot of those extras (no upper deck, spread axles, extra tool boxes, lift axle function, power jacks, or winch). Mine's also only 32 feet.
Skipping those options and extra length (which I don't need) helped save a lot of weight, and obviously also money.

Sure wouldn't mind having alloy wheels, though, as that would also shave a bit of weight off.
But the best part with mine is that it doesn't require having the mirrors folded out when pulling it.
Oh, and full disclosure: I had no sound so I have no idea what all the guy talked about.

Reactions: NordicNevs

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
I ordered this tool box from CPO Outlet. I wasn't happy to come home and find it was shipped with no box or wrapping material. And now I think about it, they also shipped one of my Dewalt 20v tools with no packaging. This will be the last time I order from them.

Anyway, this was a super affordable tool box, plus it's IP52 water resistant.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Do you realize that MoPar Proud actually created the above???? It wasn’t try NtO
I don't know who created it, but I know that tryNto posted it 3 months ago.

·
White Lightning
12,771 Posts
Reactions: Loki223

·
White Lightning
12,771 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why does that guy keep a schittttt eating grin on his face, much similar in nature to Sylvester after he swallowed Tweety? My nephew sent me a link to this same guy touring the Diamond C plant. Axed it after 3 minutes tops....

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
P2609 Fanatic
2,839 Posts
Mud flap for towing?
Best results with a Tier-3 Towtector brush type.
Tier 3 (Extreme Duty Dual Brush Strip)

Better MPG's
Better stone control
No scrape on curbs or pulling out of driveways.
More forgiving off road.
Keeps the back of the camper a lot cleaner in foul weather.

Just sayin'

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Oh, and full disclosure: I had no sound so I have no idea what all the guy talked about.
You might have found it useful to learn how they saved weight by using their style of build. Instead of using a traditional structural beam, they're using an engineered cambered beam and one piece neck, which means that the materials are thinner. For example, their engineered beam is 18" inches vs the industry standard 14" beam, but the weight savings is still 4.3 lbs lighter per foot.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Best results with a Tier-3 Towtector brush type.
Tier 3 (Extreme Duty Dual Brush Strip)
Better MPG's
Better stone control
More forgiving off road.
I like that one, too. Full coverage is always good. I might need one for my EcoDiesel. ;)

Reactions: Electrojake

·
White Lightning
12,771 Posts
Better MPG's
Better stone control
More forgiving off road.

Just sayin'
How would you know????

Would not one actually have to USE it first? :devilish:

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
There are only a few more days left of flipped out February, so let me get another one in!

·
Registered
17,657 Posts
You might have found it useful to learn how they saved weight by using their style of build.

Instead of using a traditional structural beam, they're using an engineered cambered beam and one piece neck... but the weight savings is still 4.3 lbs lighter per foot.
Most of that was easy enough to see, And in my case, saving 138 lbs. isn't that big of a deal since I'm not towing with a 1500.
There's already a weight penalty for the convenience of the hydraulic dove tail (bad back vs. ramps), but as long as it'll hold about 16,000 lbs., that's all I need. For now, anyway.

Sure wish I still had the very light aluminum trailer. With only 7K axles it wasn't quite enough, and at 25 feet, it was a bit on the short side. Still, that's enough for the tractor and other small things.
Should've put a third axle and air suspension on it and kept it. Oh well.

Reactions: Electrojake

·
Registered
17,657 Posts
Why does that guy keep a schittttt eating grin on his face, much similar in nature to Sylvester after he swallowed Tweety? My nephew sent me a link to this same guy touring the Diamond C plant. Axed it after 3 minutes tops....
Looked like he couldn't figure out how to lower the dove tail, which cracked me up.
But maybe there was a verbal explanation that I missed.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
8,523 Posts
After my move i will be adding a 3rd axle onto my 30 footer. Diamond C makes some nice trailers, but holy jesus are they proud of them. You do get what you pay for though, if i were purely commercial, i would consider them. Since i'm not, and since my trailer will only see occasional use hauling a tractor, a car/truck, or hay, i don't see myself justifying a diamond C. Yet. Maybe in another 5-10 years, but for now, the big tex i picked up will do the job pretty easily, especially for the price. And once i throw another axle under it, i won't worry as much about my weights It's sad to think of a trailer that size to only have around 10k deck weight, you can fill up 10k pretty fast.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Sure wish I still had the very light aluminum trailer. With only 7K axles it wasn't quite enough, and at 25 feet, it was a bit on the short side. Still, that's enough for the tractor and other small things.
That's about the size that I want, but in a lowboy. If I went with Iron Bull, here's the one I would get (24' feet, 7K axles):

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Looked like he couldn't figure out how to lower the dove tail, which cracked me up.
But maybe there was a verbal explanation that I missed.
He was showing how the locking mechanism worked.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
8,523 Posts
That's about the size that I want, but in a lowboy. If I went with Iron Bull, here's the one I would get (24' feet, 7K axles):

View attachment 921124
Am i the only one here that hates split deck trailers? or am i the only one that has had to load a split deck with a long piece of equipment or a long vehicle?

And out of curiosity, what is your reasoning Rhett, for wanting a low clearance model? do you like messing up fenders? I like the utility of a bed over design. Unless loaded hegiht is a concern, i would avoid a trailer like that. I also hate tilt decks, mostly due to loaded them in ice and snow, or loading a vehicle that doesn't run. ect ect. Ramps are convenient, and easy. tilt decks are only convenient in good weather and if the vehicle runs. Plus latching and unlatching can be a PITA after a while. And then you mess it up more with a split deck. Honestly Rhett, the more i look at that trailer, the more i hate it....just from my own personal experience of using equipment and trailers constantly though, so i may be biased against things where people thought to much and didn't use their hands enough

·
Registered
17,657 Posts
Let's hope they find better welders by then than whoever worked on your current Iron Bull flatbed.

He was showing how the locking mechanism worked.
Okay, that was somewhat obvious, but I think many would've liked to see the dove tail in operation.
There are some with very limited imagination who could've used a demonstration.

·
Registered
17,657 Posts
Am i the only one here that hates split deck trailers?
No, you're not. About the only advantage they have that I can can think of is if using one exclusively for a skid steer.
Since those are plenty short and a pain to get in and out of, I could see having one for that purpose.

If avoiding using ramps is the primary reason, I'd go with one that tilts the entire deck. Better yet, also dumps the suspension. That means much better approach angles, too, which is nice with low cars.
And I do like my low little 18-footer. Those low ones are very handy, I think, the only potential issues being available width between the fenders, and that the fenders won't allow normal tie down points.
Now, if it was a bit longer, then ground clearance could be an issue in some places.

29261 - 29280 of 29465 Posts