29241 - 29260 of 29465 Posts

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
8,523 Posts
i flip my mirrors out for every trailer just to annoy Jimmy

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I've haven't seen the court order. I saw the EPA report when they made their unannounced visit to GDE and the preceding thereafter. The EPA detailed every moment, the mood, the atmosphere, the layout of the building, the number of employees, computers, files, software, equipment, etc. The EPA documented what they asked for, why they asked for it, etc. I'm not sure where to find those court proceedings or I would extract those for you.

The owner of GDE is a good patriot and wouldn't do anything that wasn't required of him by court order. Customers who were involved with the court order could give you more details since they received letters in the mail. Nobody blamed GDE and nobody said he was a sellout. They knew, based on documentation, that he had no choice but to comply.

This is why I'm against big government. Big government, for any reason, can destroy your life. If you don't believe me, ask Michael Flynn. Michael Flynn didn't commit a crime and they still tried to destroy his life.

Honestly, I think GDE was targeted because of the FCA EcoDiesel lawsuit. FCA had to pay 307.5 million dollars just because they found a legal loophole. Otherwise, the EcoDiesel met emissions and didn't break the law. This isn't like the VW dieselgate where VW changed the software. FCA, like GDE, found a legal loophole in the system. Much like GDE, FCA was found guilty of misrepresentation.
So let’s move passed assuming and agree on what we know.

We know the epa detailed their visit and didn’t mention issuing a subpoena or court order. Only getting what they asked for. Seems pretty clear to me. I don’t care if he is a patriot or what have you. By the wording of the epa and no mention of force, he handed over the information and most likely to avoid a fine and continue tuning. I don’t know what your definition of patriot is but that don’t seem like one to me.

I wouldn’t even consider that a good ethical decision. Those people helped build his business.

How come fca paid a fine but not him? Probably because he did whatever they wanted.

·
Registered
17,657 Posts
I'll never forget when after posting a photo of pulling the '18 3500 home on the gooseneck, someone posted that I missed the opportunity to have two sets of mirrors folded out.
That's the kind of opportunity I gladly miss.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Doesn't sound all that legal, or FCA probably wouldn't have got fined.
In the settlement, it says that FCA was found guilty of 'misrepresentation'. It's a sad day in America when you are found guilty and didn't break the law. Michael Flynn didn't break the law and they tried to sentence him to prison even after the DOJ dropped the charges.

Reactions: Electrojake

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Do you really think the EPA cares if something is legal or not??? They have nobody holding them back and have as much power as a game warden in hunting season. It's not a matter of "is this legal" with them. its "can we do this"
Bingo! 💯

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
How'd you end up with that gig?
I've always been good at networking. Some of you know that, some of you are learning it.

Must keep you occupied surfing CF trying to keep things on track and everyone on their best behavior.
I mostly edit in silent mode and don't make a public stink about it. Some moderators will send a public message (make a teaching moment for everyone). My style is to edit privately and send an explanation as to why the comment/post/image broke a forum rule. Typically, that resolves repeated abuse. I have no problem moving forward with the banning process if someone doesn't want to play by the rules, though. After all, good moderators try to do what's best for the forum community. Since going to the new format, the admin has asked that we be stricter on the rules.

Reactions: Babin Farms

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
But he can moderate any topic unless he angers the @tryNto, our lord and savior and one true god on CF
Actually, tryNto has made it easy for me. I remind people of the guidelines that were posted a few months ago.

Folks, it's become painfully obvious that we have some issues with posts on here, and we have decided that it's time to wrangle in the monster in an effort to improve the forum experience for ALL members.

Here are some areas that we will be cracking down on more:

*Profanity. Profanity simply isn't going to be acceptable, and that includes using alternate characters in place of letters. An "A" followed by two "z's" is the same as an "A" followed by two "s's". One of my sticking points is the term douche or dbag; no more.

*"Dog-piling" or a "mob mentality". I see it all the time, a person posts a question or asks for input, and pretty soon one member slams them and before we know it, we have four or five guys jumping on. No more.

*Respect. We all need to make an effort when conversing with folks, to be as respectful as possible. Treat others like their input is gold; you don't have to like an idea but be respectful. It's possible to have a discussion with opposing views and still being friendly and respectful. Childish antics and fits and personal shots/attacks are not acceptable, this isn't Congress. Treat others with the utmost respect and you'll get it in return.

*Baiting. I don't go a day without seeing multiple posts designed to instigate an argument, or crafted in a way to provoke another member's response. No more.

Basically, folks, if you can't treat others with respect, and keep the language down, and follow the very rules that YOU agreed to when you signed up for this forum, you don't need to be here. We're all grown men, it's time we act like it. I expect the longer-term members to act as a positive example for the newer guys.

This is going to be a long process, and I expect many won't like the vacations they receive. Consider this your warning folks, we will be swift in dealing with issues and won't be lenient in our disciplinary measures.

Please, everyone, before you post a message, read over it again. Ask yourself "will this instigate an argument?", "If this is going to add to the value of the thread?" or "is the language acceptable?" If not, change it before you hit submit.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
How come fca paid a fine but not him? Probably because he did whatever they wanted.
He did pay a fine. I think he paid $25,000 to CARB and $50,000 to the EPA.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
A few more goodies came in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
I usually wait until flipped up Friday before I post, but since we're making this flipped up February then I'll try to post every day.

Reactions: NordicNevs

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Rhett so you’re truck in Bern Co and Santa Fe County would have to get emissions tested but NM as a whole doesn’t have emissions testing on commercial vehicles based on weight

10,000 GVWR and higher are exempt.

My suspicion is this is due to the energy production infrastructure as one part of it from the vehicles required for the oil and gas production.

Hell (sorry is that profanity or a noun?) even the ABQ busses for mass transit can’t comply and most of those are darn near straight piped.

So for me with 12300 GVWR and a permanent veteran plate that exempts me from testing if there was any (but even for gas vehicles) and annual registration fees so the heavy E Pee Hey would have to circumnavigate state and veteran benefits

Sounds like I may be on their list but maybe towards the bottom of it?

Watch I get a letter tomorrow haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
I think you should let me test those rock tamers Rhett
I think you would like them. They're adjustable, which is nice. I also like the full coverage of the Rockstar.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Sounds like I may be on their list but maybe towards the bottom of it?

Watch I get a letter tomorrow haha
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm very involved with NM legislation and talk to NM house and senate members regularly. From what I'm hearing, most climate change legislation here in NM will begin for 2022 and beyond. There's some legislation working its way through the process that deals with automobile emissions, but from what I can see, it deals mostly with increasing fuel economy standards. I think the proposal was to increase from 37 mpg to 52 mpg starting next year. How they will enforce this is beyond me. Basically, they are wanting to regulate what dealers can sell to the public.

There's no mention in current state legislation to increase inspections or the rigor of inspections. Even the democrats don't want to touch that topic since New Mexico is a very rural state where much of the rural population drives old beat up vehicles.

The Feds, however, is a much scarier issue. I think the concentration, at least for the next decade, will focus on populated areas.

Reactions: NordicNevs

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
My goal is to improve efficiency. When you improve efficiency, you also improve emissions. In the court documents, GDE made that argument. And sure enough, his tune passed EPA emissions while boosting fuel economy, reducing soot by 75%, and making 34 more horsepower and 60 more lb-ft of torque. So, going forward, my tuning will be EPA emissions approved tuning.

29241 - 29260 of 29465 Posts