Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

29221 - 29240 of 29465 Posts

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
F them. And by F, I mean, Forget them
Good, I would hate to delete your post. The forum admin has asked that we crack down on 'replacement' foul language, so we are now being asked to address it. 90% of the time, I edit silently. If I see a repeated pattern, then I edit with a note to the poster.

Reactions: mattswaggs

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
GDE did not voluntarily give them the information. The EPA came in and secured all the customer information. I read the EPA court documents. The EPA noted the entire process from the moment they walked into the door.

GDE was using the loophole of selling 'off-road use only" like every other manufacturer. Everyone who purchased the tune also knew they were using the loop hole. I don't blame GDE at all, nor do his customers. People blame the EPA, not GDE. He's just as popular today as ever before for making quality tunes.

The fact is gde was fine with breaking the law when it benefited him. Now that it might hurt him, he changed his mind.

Once again, he had a choice. He tossed his customers under the bus and if they are as blind to it, I understand why they aren’t mad.

He knew what he was doing was illegal. He made a choice to do it. Just because there’s a loophole doesn’t make something morally acceptable. I don’t care how popular one is. When they doing something illegal, loophole or not, they outta man up in the end. Plenty of companies got fined by the epa without turning over papers and they don’t exist anymore.

I don’t wish to see tuners disappear as I have used them myself. But we all play a part and have to take responsibility for that part when/If the time comes.

From what I seen you quote, all I seen it read was he agreed to hand the info over. Nothing about a subpoena or court order. Show me something that stated he would be arrested had he not complied.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
One of the nice things about where i live is that there are no vehicle inspections at all. You can drive whatever you want. It wouldn’t be an issue here, but if I am moving to another state, I want to make sure it isn’t a place that does inspections.
Anything, here, rated over 10k gvwr requires yearly inspections. Doesn’t matter the use or the registered gvwr. It matters what the stamped rating is. It’s bs. I’d like a 3rd gen with a 12v but not sure how that would work. I know a guy that wouldn’t care but for how long wouldn’t he care lol

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
@dieselenthusiast I see your a Super Moderator now. What powers does that give you over being just a moderator??

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
The fact is gde was fine with breaking the law when it benefited him. Now that it might hurt him, he changed his mind.
GDE did not break the law. He used the same legal loophole that every manufacturer has used for decades. The EPA did not charge him for breaking the law, they asked that he fix the problem.

Once again, he had a choice.
He had a choice to find a solution that would meet the EPA's request; however, he didn't have a choice about securing the customers information. The EPA secured all that on day one of their visit.

He knew what he was doing was illegal.
Again, you are stating false information that you know nothing about. The government changed the law on January 1, 2017. He was only penalized for the off-road tunes that he sold in the state of California before January 1, 2017. GDE stopped selling to California customers on January 1st, 2017, per the law. He was not charged for breaking the law. He was given penalties for a legal loophole. The court documents clearly says, "GDE denies any liability arising thereunder."

His customers saw how shady it was that the government went retroactive with a legal loophole. Many people asked GDE if they could help him financially. He said, "No, just keeping supporting my business".

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
GDE did not break the law. He used the same legal loophole that every manufacturer has used for decades. The EPA did not charge him for breaking the law, they asked that he fix the problem.

He had a choice to find a solution that would meet the EPA's request; however, he didn't have a choice about securing the customers information. The EPA secured all that on day one of their visit.

Again, you are stating false information that you know nothing about. The government changed the law on January 1, 2017. He was only penalized for the off-road tunes that he sold in the state of California before January 1, 2017. GDE stopped selling to California customers on January 1st, 2017, per the law. He was not charged for breaking the law. He was given penalties for a legal loophole. The court documents clearly says, "GDE denies any liability arising thereunder."

His customers saw how shady it was that the government went retroactive with a legal loophole. Many people asked GDE if they could help him financially. He said, "No, just keeping supporting my business".
I wanna see something stating he was required to hand over his customers info or he would be arrested, otherwise he violated his customers privacy for his own personal gain. Regardless of tune legality.

You keep saying he had to come up with a solution. Does that mean he decided to hand the paperwork over? Someone from the government, including police, cannot just take your paperwork. So if you seen it, let’s see it.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
@dieselenthusiast I see your a Super Moderator now. What powers does that give you over being just a moderator??
I've always been a 'silent moderator', but things changed with the new forum format. Super Moderators pretty much have full power.

·
Registered
17,657 Posts
The court documents clearly says, "GDE denies any liability arising thereunder."
Wait a minute. So if I do something illegal, then deny liability for it, I'm off the hook?

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Someone from the government, including police, cannot just take your paperwork. So if you seen it, let’s see it.
The government can come into your home or business (unannounced) and secure all your documents, computers, and records with a court order. It happens all the time in America.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Wait a minute. So if I do something illegal, then deny liability for it, I'm off the hook?
Remember, the law changed on January 1, 2017. They made the law retroactive. He didn't break the law after January 1, 2017, but they penalized him for all the off-road tunes he sold prior to that date. Naturally, he denied being liable for selling an off-tune to customers who agreed they were buying the tune for 'off-road purposes only".

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
One of the nice things about where i live is that there are no vehicle inspections at all. You can drive whatever you want. It wouldn’t be an issue here, but if I am moving to another state, I want to make sure it isn’t a place that does inspections.
Doing some thinking. An 03 3500 would require no more emissions than a 12v I wouldn’t think. It should pass same visual inspections as not required to have any ever, dpf or cat.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
The government can come into your home or business (unannounced) and secure all your documents, computers, and records with a court order. It happens all the time in America.
Correct. Show me the court order stating he had to hand them over or face criminal charges. I’ve asked 3 times. You’ve seen them you said. I don’t want to see a paper that says he agreed to find a solution. Because that means he violated his customers privacy. If he did, he’s liable for being sued from them.

·
NM Chapter President
15,804 Posts
Correct. Show me the court order stating he had to hand them over or face criminal charges. I’ve asked 3 times. You’ve seen them you said.
I've haven't seen the court order. I saw the EPA report when they made their unannounced visit to GDE and the preceding thereafter. The EPA detailed every moment, the mood, the atmosphere, the layout of the building, the number of employees, computers, files, software, equipment, etc. The EPA documented what they asked for, why they asked for it, etc. I'm not sure where to find those court proceedings or I would extract those for you.

The owner of GDE is a good patriot and wouldn't do anything that wasn't required of him by court order. Customers who were involved with the court order could give you more details since they received letters in the mail. Nobody blamed GDE and nobody said he was a sellout. They knew, based on documentation, that he had no choice but to comply.

This is why I'm against big government. Big government, for any reason, can destroy your life. If you don't believe me, ask Michael Flynn. Michael Flynn didn't commit a crime and they still tried to destroy his life.

Honestly, I think GDE was targeted because of the FCA EcoDiesel lawsuit. FCA had to pay 307.5 million dollars just because they found a legal loophole. Otherwise, the EcoDiesel met emissions and didn't break the law. This isn't like the VW dieselgate where VW changed the software. FCA, like GDE, found a legal loophole in the system. Much like GDE, FCA was found guilty of misrepresentation.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
8,523 Posts
Doesn't sound all that legal, or FCA probably wouldn't have got fined.
Do you really think the EPA cares if something is legal or not??? They have nobody holding them back and have as much power as a game warden in hunting season. It's not a matter of "is this legal" with them. its "can we do this"

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I've always been a 'silent moderator', but things changed with the new forum format. Super Moderators pretty much have full power.
So now you have the ability to go to any topic, year, classifieds, PM's, Vendors, private information, sponsors, be the police and change, edit and keep things in order??? How'd you end up with that gig? Must keep you occupied surfing CF trying to keep things on track and everyone on their best behavior.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
8,523 Posts
Nah, he can't see PMs or anything like that. But he can moderate any topic unless he angers the @tryNto, our lord and savior and one true god on CF

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Hmm. wonder if they have any openings? I'd love to be able to delete any photos of mirrors needlessly folded out.
😂

my neighbor typically only uses his truck when he tows, so he would leave his mirrors out. I educated him. Now he typically leaves them in, even when he tows the smaller trailers.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I have some amazing news for you guys. With the weather warmed up to the mid thirties, my MPG is now at 13.4! 30% increase.

29221 - 29240 of 29465 Posts