Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

22761 - 22780 of 22921 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
One more reason for why I am very grateful for not having any kids.
Your missing out on some great things. I got asked a couple days ago by my 4 year old, why do we only have 2 legs? Lol

The negative side is a kid being born to some ******* who doesn’t care to teach them good lessons or put out effort. You don’t seem to lack effort but if kids aren’t for you, good choice not to have. Some other people should do the same.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
To me, it would've been too much of a responsibility to bring them up correctly. It would've been us against the schools and other kids. More than I wanted to take on.
But on the positive side, our cats are more obedient and better behaved than most people's kids.

Reactions: Wyo George

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Exactly. Which is one reason I wonder why you're so fond of having debts.
Like I said, debt isn't a problem until payments can't be made and when the debt exceeds the assets. We don't have those problems. Our payments are less than 50% of our take-home pay and our assets exceed the debt. We have debt because we are choosing to expand net worth!

Not everyone likes debt, not everyone is comfortable with debt, and not everyone wants to expand their net worth. People who don't have a retirement better be debt free by the time they retire or they will be hurting.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
"Stimulus package"? You mean borrowing money from our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren?
I would go a step further and say it's not real money to begin with. The paper dollar is fiat money.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Like I said, debt isn't a problem until payments can't be made and when the debt exceeds the assets. We don't have those problems. Our payments are less than 50% of our take-home pay and our assets exceed the debt. We have debt because we are choosing to expand net worth!
That's all fine and rosy, until something unexpected happens.

What if one of the lending institutions you use go under, the loan is sold and you're facing a different scenario?
Or something happens to your income, or some of your assets suddenly aren't worth what they were, or...

And have you squirrelled away enough cash, guns, ammo, whatever, that may be about the only "currency" that works if the feces hit the fan?
You may need a lot of bargaining material when wanting things done for you.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Yeah, breaks my heart thinking about my incredible children and what a terrible world they are inheriting.
This reminds me of the prophesy from Jesus in Mathew 24:19 - 21

"How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again."

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
This reminds me of the prophesy from Jesus in Mathew 24:19 - 21

"How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again."
Keep the politics out of here or they’ll shut the thread down.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
It's hard to believe, but this week is half over and the month is half over! Two more weeks and we'll be knocking on October! Anybody got plans for the weekend?

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
I ordered this tool/drain plug combo to make fuel filter changes easier and less messy on the 2015. The plug replaces the factory drain mechanism. The factory drain mechanism only removes about 2 ounces of fuel thus leaving 14+ ounces left in the canister.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's hard to believe, but this week is half over and the month is half over! Two more weeks and we'll be knocking on October! Anybody got plans for the weekend?
Friday I’ll make a couple runs to the dump, then swap out idler and pitman arms on my Silverado then dismount the 245/75-16s from my spare wheels and put them on the Silverado’s wheels since the ones on it are total junk. Then after lunch I’ll rebuild a Holley for the local fire department’s spare truck and probably take the evening off to ride.

Saturday I’ll be sandblasting a frame for a ‘55 Chevy then bringing it inside and spraying it in epoxy.

Sunday morning we’ll load up and drive to town for church, grab lunch someplace decent and stop at the gun club on the way home for some family time.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Sunday morning we’ll load up and drive to town for church
When you say 'drive to town', are you referring to Casper or Douglas?

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Casper. We’re about 30 miles from Casper and 35 miles from Douglas. Since Casper is larger we go therefor shopping and dining most of the time.
Casper is more developed, so I'm sure there are more restaurants and other forms of hospitality. One of my college teammates worked for Halliburton in Casper for a long time, but he recently left the company and moved to Rock Springs.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
One more reason for why I am very grateful for not having any kids.
you have lots of kids, with weird names too.
Trackhawk
Unimog

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Those are illegitimate, Matt.
Please don't spread the word that I'm purchasing my kids. It's not PC, probably never was.

Reactions: mattswaggs

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,744 Posts
Those are illegitimate, Matt.
Please don't spread the word that I'm purchasing my kids. It's not PC, probably never was.
I think the politically correct term is "Adoption" which is basically the same thing, whether its children or vehicles. If you go for the older ones, there will be hidden issues because they are used, but it's hard to find the perfect new one, and the good ones go fast.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Unless the dealer can talk me out of it, I've narrowed down my choice to the PACE American Cargo Sport 8'.5" x 20'.

Rear Opening Height: 75"
Rear Opening Width: 93 1/2"
Hitch Ball Height: 19"
GVWR: 9990 lbs
Hitch Weight: 400 lbs
Curb Weight: 3,680 lbs
Payload Capacity: 6,310 lbs
Spring Axles

Besides the standard features, I'm looking to add these options:
Recessed wall E-Track
Recessed floor E-track
Recessed 2,500 lb. D-rings