Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

22741 - 22760 of 23005 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You have do something with your money. I have found that real-estate is a good place to put it.

First, I never said I had a lot of money. Second, I don't see the benefit of paying cash for a truck when I can invest my money. A vehicle is not an investment and not a good place to put a lot of money, especially when auto loans are now around 2.7%.
Real estate is a good investment..... if prices stay high, it’s in a good area, and you plan to sell for a profit.

Paying cash would garuntee you a 2.7% return then, with no work involved.

And again buying a vehicle that’s identical to another and parking it, when that money could be invested? Seems double bad.

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
That's an interesting looking garage, for sure. Especially since it seems to lack a garage door.

Reactions: Loki223

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Shop as a noun:
A large garage where vehicle mechanics work.
Aha, I had it right after all. Since no vehicle mechanics are working in my garage, it is indeed a garage, not a shop.
Which now begs the question, why would you have a shop, Rhett?

Reactions: Loki223

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,776 Posts
so we are wondering
That's an interesting looking garage, for sure. Especially since it seems to lack a garage door.
the garage door must be on the side not shown, but it looks like there is a basement, maybe for a pit? or maybe that's a living quarters area for an on-site mechanic to pack bearing?

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
True. But it looks like the deck goes all the way around, so it would have to be a narrow garage door, matching the spacing of the posts.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
What does your numbers actually mean? Lots of people don’t put money into a savings account.
Correct. You're a statistic! Many Americans do not have much money in savings. That doesn't go over well when they lose their job or have another mishap that prevents them from digging themselves out. That's why we had an enormous amount of foreclosures, bankruptcies, and other forms of financial defaults in the 2008 downturn. Debt isn't a problem until you can't make the payments. Today, the American consumer debt is now higher than it was in 2008.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Correct. You're a statistic! Many Americans do not have much money in savings. That doesn't go over well when they lose their job or have another mishap that prevents them from digging themselves out. That's why we had an enormous amount of foreclosures, bankruptcies, and other forms of financial defaults in the 2008 downturn. Debt isn't a problem until you can't make the payments. Today, the American consumer debt is now higher than it was in 2008.
I meant many have lots of money and with no savings account.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,776 Posts
Actually, he isn't one of those statistics. Partially due to the simple fact of being Canadian,

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Debt isn't a problem until you can't make the payments.
Exactly. Which is one reason I wonder why you're so fond of having debts.
I like to be able to say "Yes, it's mine" (as opposed to that the bank owns it), but there's also a more practical side to it.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
I had one payment that was 2/1 of my income (yes, twice) but I worked and refinanced my way out of that one.
Then, when I could afford (pay for) things, I started buying them.
I'm glad it worked out for you. It's very easy to make money in today's economy. In someways, this 'feels' like a repeat of 2005. COVID-19 screwed things up, but I think this would be 2005 all over again had it not been for COVID-19, which means, theoretically, that a 2007/2008 bubble would be susceptible to market volatility. Due to the changes made in the financial system during the Obama years, the banks are supposed to be more resilient today.

On a side note, the thriving markets today can be attributed to the stimulus. America has never seen this type of stimulus dumped into the financial markets. Congress is negotiating a bipartisan stimulus plan as we speak.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Which now begs the question, why would you have a shop, Rhett?
If you go back a few pages you would know the answer. It's a Woodshop!

·
Registered
14,356 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
"Stimulus package"? You mean borrowing money from our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren?
Some are oblivious to the fact that the money has to come from somewhere. And go about their happy lives sucking t!t because they are allowed to, so they believe it’s ok. Meanwhile others work hard and don’t take, even when it’s offered, what they don’t need. And we will continue to pay for them. I wish it wasn’t so Grimm for our children.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Some are oblivious to the fact that the money has to come from somewhere. And go about their happy lives sucking t!t because they are allowed to, so they believe it’s ok. Meanwhile others work hard and don’t take, even when it’s offered, what they don’t need. And we will continue to pay for them. I wish it wasn’t so Grimm for our children.
Yeah, breaks my heart thinking about my incredible children and what a terrible world they are inheriting.

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
One more reason for why I am very grateful for not having any kids.

Reactions: Wyo George
22741 - 22760 of 23005 Posts