Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, last summer the engine in my truck let go (no compression on number 1). Bought a used motor to drop in to get the truck back on the road as fast as I could (work truck/daily driver) while I rebuild the original engine with a little fun built in. But, that's a story for another day.

When I recieved the used motor the plug for the AC pressure switch/transducer was broken and I had to take the plug shell from my old motor and put it on this harness. AC will not turn on with the "new" motor installed. Now before I swapped the motors my AC would turn on. Wouldn't work great but turned on at least. So now I'm spending time in the shop to see if I can get this all worked out.

I can jump the AC clutch relay and the compressor engages so I know the the circuit to the compressor clutch is good. Now I need to check the control side. Does anybody have access to a diagram or even just the pinout of the pressure switch plug?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Have enough refrigerant in the system?
What’s the static pressure (without compressor running) ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, that was the first thing I checked. Recovered 1LB 12oz, recharged with 1LB 14oz. Static pressure was around 90psi on high and low if I remember right.

The fact that it the AC would run with the old motor and I had to change the plug end is making me think that I have the plug wired wrong. Or a harness issue on the new motor.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!

Hopefully can get this AC up and running. Went last summer without it, can't do another summer without.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts