Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the AC compressor kicking on when I turn the Heat/Air selector dial to any position except the off position. What would this be and how should I go about fixing this? Is this maybe just a blown fuse or something?

·
Registered
531 Posts
My Official vote is a maybe.

Your truck isnt acting like mine mine runs everywhere except off and dash only (Vent). however a buddy with a sport 2002 HO 3500 says his does the same thing. So I guess we will wait to see what the experts say.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Mine does when I have the windshield vents selected.

This gives the compressor a chance to run a little and circulate compressor oil to help keep the seals in good shape and help the seals and joints maintain sealing integrity.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I dunno about dodge specifically, but on most cars it shouldn't run on floor or vent settings, it however should run on any settings that includes the windshield vents. It runs for windshield settings to pull the moisture out of the air before it reaches the windshield to help defog/defrost the windshield faster.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Ok, I just checked Cornbread Red and the compressor runs on nearly every setting too.
The only settings it doesn't run is:
Vent in yer face only...about 1:30 position.
Floor vent only.....about 2:30 position.
Back inna minute.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
From The 2001 Book,

Check out AC clutch relay on the right side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.