Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m lost as to what this is. Behind the glove box, condensation is forming on the side of the black box and in the bottom. Doing it so much that the condensation is leaking into the floorboard and has caused water damage to the Chrysler paper on the box (see pic). Any ideas or anyone had this issue? Ac drain is draining, looks to be draining quite a bit. Took it to the dealer and they blamed the windshield seal for the water in the floor... having had a windshield replaced in it, I had it checked By the company that put it in, windshield is fine and while they were at it, they checked the sunroof just to be sure. Condensation formed while they ran the AC but they didn’t know where it was coming from. I was with them when they did it. Any ideas?
Black Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle
Black Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just an odd question does it do it with interior recirculation on as well? Assuming your somewhere hot as well as me but never have seen this issue. Another slight possibility could be a refrigerate charge issue allowing the evap to freeze over at times possibly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does as far as I can tell, haven’t thought about an overcharging issue, ac still blows cold though. I’m lost as to what this could be. Like I said, it being to form quick after the ac is turned on, maybe 5 minutes or so and the plastic has condensation on the surface

·
Registered
36 Posts
Might want to check your drain on the firewall on passenger side. Could be clogged and retaining condensation in the box. I recently cleaned my coil and when I filled the box up with solvent, had the same result with the fluid dripping in the same spot. Just my suggestion...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.