Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So turned on my truck and ac only going through defrost vents only which usually means leak in vacuum lines but normally cruise dosnt work either but in my case cruise still works. Does anyone have any ideas is it still vacuum leak?

·
Registered
21,487 Posts
If air will not switch between dash to defrost you may have broken connecting lever between the vent/defrost door and its actuator. Located upper left side of heater box behind and below radio. 10 dollar part. Dash partial removal needed to access. Pulling dash back is not as hard as you may think but takes about half a day. If you do it maybe do heater core too if not already done. Disconnect batteries so as not to blow airbag by accident. Be careful with shift indicator and cable when lowering steering column.

·
Registered
549 Posts
So turned on my truck and ac only going through defrost vents only which usually means leak in vacuum lines but normally cruise dosnt work either but in my case cruise still works. Does anyone have any ideas is it still vacuum leak?
Could be a vacuum leak.

I believe the manual trucks don't use vacuum for cruise control.

Mine did the same thing.

I'm on my phone so I can't see your sig, I have a 2001 with a 5 speed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the responses found my issue the line got hit and landed con the exhaust and melted in half and closed it self off lol. Guess gotta see if I can splice the line back
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior
Hand Automotive tire Hood Tire Gesture

·
Registered
‘98 2500 Quad cab 12 valve 4x4 with 5 speed
615 Posts
Just cut you a short piece of fuel line with the same ID as the OD of the vacuum line and slip each end of the vacuum line into the fuel line after you’ve trimmed the melted portions off

·
Registered
21,487 Posts
That would be about 1/8 in vacuum line you need, not fuel line. Otherwise that will all work. Looks like it self sealed is why other things still worked.

·
Registered
‘98 2500 Quad cab 12 valve 4x4 with 5 speed
615 Posts
I’ve used rubber fuel line to splice vacuum lines back together in the past and haven’t had any issue. It just needs to be a tight press fit when the vacuum line slides inside the rubber fuel line

·
Registered
21,487 Posts
Fue line couold be sued but I do not think they make fuel line that small. Possible it is rated for both in 1/8th or 5/32.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts