Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

ABS motor running.

2064 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Denham
My buddy has a 2000 1 ton, stock motor 5 speed, that the abs motor will not quit running. He pulled the fuse for it so it is stoppped now, but we cant seem to find an answer for it. Any help would be appreciated.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
Mine had this problem a couple months back. There is a relay in the ABS motor that ends up frying and causes the motor to continue to run. I unpluged the power to the ABS motor and haven't had any problems since but there are alot of guys parting out trucks on here so you would probably find one. You woud need one off of a truck just like yours so if it was 4x4 with an auto would you need the same and so on.

· Registered
173 Posts
^^^ correct. The "brain box" on top of your abs pump is shot. check out ebay, i picked up a used pump and box for about $150

· Registered
184 Posts
One of mine has been unplugged for nearly 5 yrs. Wont hurt a thing and much lighter on the wallet. Just my .02 but would not waste the money

· Registered
1,316 Posts
I just got my module back from module master. Problem solved. I drove for several years with the motor unplugged. The ABS won't work, you'll have no warning if a unit bearing is going out, and them dummy lights may start to bug you.

For *130 bucks* they replaced the pos factory relay with a higher quality relay, and fiddled with a few other problem parts in the module. Pretty quick turnaround, and I get the impression they are a small business, which makes me smile.

I'm a happy camper. http://www.modulemaster.com/

· Registered
604 Posts
I believe you have to have them flashed to your truck with vin number etc. if you get another one. I'm prob gonna send mine off as well. Dealerships wanted between 600-800 for one. Easy choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.