Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I am hauling way more than the weak TC and trans should ever haul (11K) and I hit a bump and the ABS / BRAKES light comes on and after 5 minutes or so the speedometer starts jumping 5-10 mph at a time??
Where to look first? I recently had a brake controller installed at a RV center..

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Since you hit a bump maybe you loosened a connector somewhere ? I had the same symptoms, turned out to be the rear speed sensor located in the rear differential. Easy fix. I ohmed out the three sensors from the ABS controller plug, front two were about 1700 ohms if I'm remembering correctly, rear was open which was the problem

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check that. It had happened before (jut the ABS / Brake light) but stayed off when I restarted the truck.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the speedometer affected by the ABS sensor? Now the speedometer is DOA and the ABS / Brake lights are on.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The rear diff sensor is used for both ABS & speedometer operation on the 98's. Did you find the problem/fix ?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear diff sensor is used for both ABS & speedometer operation on the 98's. Did you find the problem/fix ?
Wire was grounding on frame. Taped it and no more ABS light and speedo works.

Thanks for the ideas..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts