Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two dummy lights turned on when my wheel and hub bearing started to lock up.

When I got a shop to changed the broken wheel and hub bearing they couldnt do the other side because it was still in the mail.

To save a lil money I thought I would do the ball joints and hub/bearing on the other side by my self...

... 8 hours later, take her for a test drive and the ABS/brake light came on :banghead:

The new ABS sensor conector was diffrent then the stock one, so i tryed to use a pinch conector to splice the wries together... it didnt fix the prob.

The mechanic didnt tell me he didnt use the new ABS line the hub and bearing came with beacuse the connector was diffrent from stock.

Has any one spliced into the ABS sensor line befor. Any replys would help me out alot

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumppp.p..

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
I did mine about 3 weeks ago. My lights were on for about a year, and I thought I would gie it a try. My sensor was bad, I had a sensor that I knew was good, but the plug was different. So I cut the wires, soldered them together, heat shrinked and it works good. What I did before I soldered anything, was I took an ohm meter put it on the two wires, spun the wheel and made sure the resistence changed. Hope this helps.

Reactions: stakedcummins

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i will do a better job of conecting the two wires together.

But when I took a look at the wires befor i cut them they were diffrent then the stock wires, i could have them backwards.

Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts