Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a question that I hope mightresult in a quick fix. The park light and abs light have been flickering on and off for some time now. Today, it seemed as if they stayed on solid. I checked the brake fluid, and its full, the brakes work fine. Is there anything that anyone might suggest I try? Thanks in advance all

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
736 Posts
its got to be your speed sensor. if you noticed that your speedo doesnt work 25 mph and under, then it is. i got mine for 40 bucks and replaced it myslef. its located on top of the rear axle. its easy to find, there are wires going to it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I havent noticed my speedo not working though. If it still does work under 25, does this mean the speed sensor is good or is there still a chance it could be done?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, although the speedometer was working under 25 mph, i changed the speed sensor anyway.darn thing is, the lights are still on. anyone got any other ideas?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
ABS system has 3 speed sensors... 2 in the front and 1 in the rear if any of the speed sensors quit the light will be tripped.

Try pressing on the brake pedal hard to try reseting the low pressure switch which will also trip BRAKE light.

OPERATION
SYSTEM SELF-TEST

When the ignition switch is turned-on the microprocessor RAM and ROM are tested. If an error occurs during the test, a DTC will be set into the RAM memory. However it is possible the DTC will not be stored in memory if the error has occurred in the RAM module were the DTC’s are stored. Also it is possible a DTC may not be stored if the error has occurred in the ROM which signals the RAM to store the DTC.

Time to check for error codes. If that doesn't work you might have to see a dealer on getting the error codes pulled from the CAB system.

CAB INPUTS
The CAB continuously monitors the speed of the differential ring gear by monitoring signals generated by the rear wheel speed sensor. The CAB determines a wheel locking tendency when it recognizes the ring gear is decelerating too rapidly. The CAB monitors the following inputs to determine when a wheel locking tendency may exists:
² Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
² Brake Lamp Switch
² Brake Warning Lamp Switch
² Reset Switch
² 4WD Switch (If equipped)

CAB OUTPUTS
The CAB controls the following outputs for antilock braking and brake warning information:
² RWAL Valve
² ABS Warning Lamp
² Brake Warning Lamp

Reactions: Heli911

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow! that one may take me a few times reading it before it all sinks in. thankyou for all the valuable info though, that'll get my brain going. i forgot to mention that code 0500 and code 1693 came up when checked

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
This just happened to my truck yesterday. No codes and the lights only come on if i get over 45 then is off when it is restarted. Where are the 2 sensors on the front at?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts