Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased 2 new moog front 2wd hubs for my 2002. The guy at rock auto said they would have the ABS hook up when infact they dont.

I havnt dug into it yet, so im really not very knowledgeable. Do I have to have hubs with ABS sensors? I'm guessing its not something you can just transfer over.

Also any tips on doing the changeout?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
on my 06 the abs sensor is removed with a 5mm allen.

My new Timken hubs did come with new sensors though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is there a difference in a 2wd hub from the 4wd hub. I heard that there was none, but i want to make sure.

·
Registered
261 Posts
There is definitely a difference. If I recall correctly it's like was already said. ABS sensor is a take off of old and put on the new hub situation. Difference between hubs is that the two wheel drive front hub is only three bolts I believe. Four wheel drive is four. Don't hold me to that because it's been over a year ago that I changed mine but I remember purchasing the four wheel drive set from Advance Auto because the guy said they were interchangeable. .... but no go. I ordered a set from Rock Auto in the end...... good luck.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There is definitely a difference. If I recall correctly it's like was already said. ABS sensor is a take off of old and put on the new hub situation. Difference between hubs is that the two wheel drive front hub is only three bolts I believe. Four wheel drive is four. Don't hold me to that because it's been over a year ago that I changed mine but I remember purchasing the four wheel drive set from Advance Auto because the guy said they were interchangeable. .... but no go. I ordered a set from Rock Auto in the end...... good luck.

Alright! Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts