Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 cummins 2500 2wd. ABS and brake light always on. I tried the factory reset by starting the truck 5-6 times and going backwards 50ft but all it does is turn it off for about 2-3 seconds then it comes back on. any other way to get these lights to go out?

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
did you check the speed sensor in the rear axel, if it goes bad, it will trip these lights also... :thumbsup:

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no because it only came on when i updated the bully dog and put the scary larry on it when i had the other version's it never came on. its only been like this for like 3 days ever since i put the bully dog it. but now its back to stock software and still abs and brake light are on.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
mine does it from time to time. but if I just keep driving it for abour a while or drive to town and make a couple of stops killing the truck and going to the next it goes away. just give it about 20 miles or so and see wat that does

· Registered
43 Posts
I run bullydog also, and this happened to me when i was changing setting. I loaded the setting again and gave it a little more time when I reset the key at the end, and it fixed it, so try waiting about 15 to 20 sec. when you recycle the key. Maybe it'll work for you too.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey 1baddiesel its on for over 1.5 days without the bully dog because i sold it. and have drove about 100 miles approx. hey freighthauler dont have bully dog anymore so cant do that lol. thanks though

· Premium Member
6,896 Posts
My truck did this last year.........and did not store or throw any codes, just had the ABS/Brake lights on

I pulled the tires and rotors off of the front end and removed the sensor from the top of the hub area. It hen cleaned both of the sensor's tips off and put a new thin layer of synthetic bearing grease on the tips.

I reinstalled everything and the lights have no came back on for over 1 year....it took about 2-3 hours to do, but it was free!

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
tried to reset it doesnt work. it will go off for bout 3 seconds once i back up 50-75ft but no matter what 3 seconds later after those lights go off they come right back on. doesnt matter if i brake up 50ft and go foward 50ft right when they go off they come right back on about 3 seconds later no matter whether im in park, drive or reverse.

Hey D45 i dont see a sensor like your saying.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
called bully dog he said something about a tippum module or some crap. under the hood on driver's side behind the battery has 2 connections and a silver lid. he said he thinks that's the problem.

· Pursuing the Great Commission
12,714 Posts
any codes? Try turning your ignition from off to run 3x ending with it in the run position. there will be codes on the odometer.

Also, may sound silly, but have you checked your brake fluid?

· Premium Member
6,896 Posts
Look for the wire running from the frame to the outer axle, just inside the rotor.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.