Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 Dodge 2WD, 5.9L

My ABS and Brake lights are on all the time.I have good brake peddle.
If I unplug the wires from the Low pressure vacuum switch, the lights do a self check and go out as normal.
Do I need this Low pressure vacuum switch for anything else in the system other then ABS system?
Their are three wires to the switch can they be jumped ? I checked the switch with vacuum pump and Ohm meter and its always shows closed connection with vacuum On or with vacuum Off?
Dealer wants $100.00 for new switch!!!!!
:help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

Thanks,
I did a check on the vacuum and had 21 In.Hg.
Unplugged it and did some testing and ABS brakes still works on hard stops.
From what I see it is only used to let you know if you loose your vacuum.
:thumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got the same issue with the ABS light and Brake light staying on while in drive. On my '96, the lights stay off when the truck is started, but then come on as soon as the truck is put into gear (or neutral). The lights first came on when the harness was disconnected for a week or so, and I haven't been able to get them off now that the harness is back together. I've tried disconnecting the batteries to reset the computer, but they're still stuck on. Any ideas?

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
I had the same trouble on my old 2wd. I put the rear on jack stands and ran her up to about 60 and slammed on the brakes. I did this several times, and it purged out whatever kind of junk it had in it. Never saw the light come on again. That had been about 15000 miles ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts