Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

ABS and Brake Light After Going Over Bump

758 2
Hi Guys,

I've read several threads on ABS & Brake lights being on but it seems like most of them are in regards to the lights being on all the time.

I have a 99 RAM 2500 manual transmission 2WD .... Every since I bought the truck the ABS and Brake lights come on at the same time when I go over a small bump down the road soon after starting up and taking off. When they do come on, they come on when I cross a bump.

There has been a few occasions that I drove the truck and they never come on, but 99% of the time, they do.

Also,my cruise light comes on when I press the cruise button, but the "SET" button does not engage the cruise control. I press set, nothing happens.

Can anyone provide some insight on this issue? Can they two items above be related?

Thanks in Advance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Have you checked the connection on the rear axle? The previous owner of my truck broke the clip that holds the 2 together and ziptied them to make the connection. That might solve your issues.

·
Registered
995 Posts
As for the cruise control check all your vacuum lines and make sure they are not leaking especially the one going to the vacuum diaphragm under the driver side battery that is what controls the cruise control. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.